[GUIDE] "Immersive" mode on Mi 11 Ultra MIUI 13 - Hide your status bar!

TheMattMercy

Members
Aug 31, 2022
Hello all, I know I've personally missed Immersive mode as it helps me stress out less about burn-in. Hopefully someone else finds this workaround useful!

What this tutorial will do:

• Allow you to simulate status bar immersive mode on the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra on any app.
  • The status bar will be hidden unless dragged down, in which case it will display momentarily
  • Your camera notch will be completely ignored in apps – meaning that, as far as I am aware of, there is no way to get apps to avoid that small circle – you may find this annoying
  • Exclude certain apps from acting in immersive mode
  • Help preserve your Mi 11’s OLED screen by not having status bar elements constantly at the top of the screen.
Caveats:

• This is not like traditional immersive mode in that you cannot toggle it on/off with a quicksettings tile, pie control, etc. You’re basically going to want to switch it on for applicable apps & leave it on.
  • You have to enable the appropriate settings to any new apps you install.
  • I have only tried this on my phone, which is a Chinese Mi 11 Ultra using the Xiaomi.EU ROM, MIUI version 13.0.12 stable. I have no idea if it will work on any other Xiaomi device, much less any other phone at all
  • Requires Lsposed/Magisk root, so you may have issues with google pay, bank apps, etc.
  • I am not responsible for any issues you have, including but not limited to: Glitches, bugs, your alarm failing, you finding the punchhole ugly, you losing your job, your phone spontaneously combusting, your partner leaving you, nuclear war, etc.
  • I do not know if any other Magisk/Lsposed modules will affect this. I currently use GravityBox and WooBox, & Greenify (donation) & have no issues.
Prerequisites:

• Must be rooted with Magisk
  • Must have Lsposed installed
Instructions:

1. Install the Magisk Module, called “AOSP Mods”. Install the Magisk version. I do not know if the Lsposed-only version will work. I used the canary build (canary-123, as of 8/30/2022)
    Link: https://github.com/siavash79/AOSPMods
  2. Install WeiJu, but NOT the publicly available one from 2020 on GitHub, but the one available on this thread post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-adb-shell-or-terminal.4434725/#post-86809981
  3. Enable the AOSP Mods module in Magisk
  4. Enable the AOSP Mods module in Lsposed & ensure “System UI” is enabled. You can keep “System Framework” & “Phone services” enabled if they are by default, but I haven’t noticed a difference when switching them off (yet) – it may have to do with other functionalities within AOSP Mods.
  5. Enable the Weiju module in Lsposed
  6. In Lsposed, select EVERY app that you want to be in immersive mode
  7. Reboot your phone.
  8. Open Weiju
  9. Tap the gear icon in the upper-right corner
  10. Tap “Template”
  11. Tap “Config Template”
  12. Tap Status Bar
  13. Tap “Open”
  14. Tap the checkbox next to “Hide”
  15. Tap the back button.
    Optional: Open “Navigation bar” & repeat steps 13-15. I personally use GravityBox for this, so I find this unnecessary, but if you don’t want to install GravityBox, this is another option. It is also available in AOSP Mods as a universal option, so again, I don’t recommend doing it this way, but it’s ultimately up to you.
  16. Tap the back button
  17. Check “Auto apply template”
  18. Tap the back button 2 times
  19. Tap the “select app” button
  20. Add EVERY app you want to be in “immersive” mode (yes, again)
  21. Open the AOSP Mods app
  22. Tap “Status Bar”
  23. Tap “Miscellaneous”
  24. Switch “Ignore the camera cutout” to On
  25. Tap the back button
  26. Tap “Status Bar”
  27. Scroll down to “Statusbar Padding”
  28. Pull down your notification shade & make sure Auto-rotate is set to on.
  29. Slide the left slider to the right a bit (I recommend 7.5, but YMMV)
  30. Tilt your phone until it switches to landscape mode, then tilt it back to portrait
  31. Check your notification icons & make sure you can see them all & they aren’t cut off (unless you want them to be?). The slider gives the notification bar a margin so that notifications don’t disappear behind the camera cutout.
  32. Reboot one last ime
  33. You’re done! Remember, if you want to enable or disable this “immersive” mode on any apps, including new ones you install, go to both the Weiju module settings in Lsposed, and in the Weiju app itself, and enable/disable said apps.
If you have any questions, feel free to respond. I’ll try to help you, but I’m pretty busy in my personal life & I’m no programmer, just an android enthusiast who stumbled upon a fix from being too stubborn to give up on my OLED screen.

Last edited: