[GUIDE] Install TWRP for Mi 11/Pro/Ultra

This really works for those 11 ultras having decrypting issues and patterns not appearing. After I have resolved the issue with the solution I posted, back again with twrp not showing my pattern after another update thus not decrypting my data.

I got this same *skkk.img in other Xiaomi community, tried and it works like a charm. I am supposed to share the good news but @xsander already posted it so I'll just promote the same and say that this seems to be the permanent solution.

Here's another download link - https://dl.akr-developers.com/?dir=skkk/TWRP/A12 which includes other models too.

The difference? the *skkk.img has this cool kid running and bears the Mi11Ultra name. The one in official TWRP doesn't. After this loads, it will prompt you the pattern and you can proceed with the update. :)

View attachment 43677

that worked for me thanks

Good Afternoon, just got a Mi 11 Ultra and forgot how to install TWRP as not done that since my Custom ROM days, very easy instructions but I have a quick question, I've installed TWRP successfully so can boot to it fine but some other instructions on here say something about 'Install Ramdisk' as well, is this required to install the stable ROMS from this forum or can I bypass that step, Thanks in advance

If you install the xiaomi.eu ROM, TWRP, which is part of the ROM, will also be installed at the same time.
In that case, it is not necessary to install TWRP to the Ramdisk
You can also install the Xiaomi.eu ROM using the fastboot method, where TWRP will also be installed automatically.

If you are installing xiaomi.eu ROM for the first time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr-Mixalot
If you install the xiaomi.eu ROM, TWRP, which is part of the ROM, will also be installed at the same time.
In that case, it is not necessary to install TWRP to the Ramdisk
You can also install the Xiaomi.eu ROM using the fastboot method, where TWRP will also be installed automatically.

If you are installing xiaomi.eu ROM for the first time.
Oh that's something I didn't know.
Awesome stuff

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)

kcorrea1

What I wrote in the previous post only applies to devices with the chipset: Snapdragon 678/680/695/778G/778G+/780G/870/888/888+.
Another condition is that a functional TWRP is available for the given device.

Last edited:
Reactions: kcorrea1

kcorrea1

What I wrote in the previous post only applies to devices with the chipset: Snapdragon 678/680/695/778G/778G+/780G/870/888/888+.
Another condition is that a functional TWRP is available for the given device.
Covers mine - Mi 11 Ultra (star) / Snapdragon 888

Thanks

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)

Hello everyone, I have a problem with fastboot on my Mi 11 Ultra, the phone was locked after several wrong password entry attempts, I had to take it to service, and they unlocked it for me with special software; I lost all the data, recovery twrp, and they installed the global Miui(with original recovery) which is very bad, completely run by google. I am trying to reinstall the twrp via fastboot but the phone is not detected by Minimal ADB, when I type the command "adb devices" the phone is detected on, but as soon as it goes to fastboot it disappears. I have tried to install all possible ADB drivers including Xiaomi's, MiFlash's, but nothing, what can I do?

Last edited:
ADB commands are not used when the device is in fastboot mode.

You can also install the xiaomi.eu ROM using the "fastboot method" and TWRP will be installed at the same time.

Reactions: Jimnasium
Hello everyone, I have a problem with fastboot on my Mi 11 Ultra, the phone was locked after several wrong password entry attempts, I had to take it to service, and they unlocked it for me with special software; I lost all the data, recovery twrp, and they installed the global Miui(with original recovery) which is very bad, completely run by google. I am trying to reinstall the twrp via fastboot but the phone is not detected by Minimal ADB, when I type the command "adb devices" the phone is detected on, but as soon as it goes to fastboot it disappears. I have tried to install all possible ADB drivers including Xiaomi's, MiFlash's, but nothing, what can I do?
Go to device manager and change the device driver to the fastboot. ADB isn't for flashing fastboot.

ADB commands are not used when the device is in fastboot mode.

You can also install the xiaomi.eu ROM using the "fastboot method" and TWRP will be installed at the same time.
I have used the fastboot method by unzipping the rom but when I launch the command .bat it does not go forward because the phone in fastboot is not recognized.

yes ok, what drivers should i install? i've tried them all by now, i'm losing my mind... i got too used to updates via twrp recovery. Thanks
So update the drivers and choose what to install, then you should have some fastboot drivers pop up, try them as there should only be a couple to choose from.

Quindi aggiorna i driver e scegli cosa installare, quindi dovresti visualizzare alcuni driver di avvio rapido, provali perché dovrebbero essercene solo un paio tra cui scegliere.
buongiorno, nello screenshot i driver installati per il telefono in fastboot, ce ne sono altri 2 che sono kedacon e un'altra marca, ma non funzionano

Attachments

• bootloader.JPG
    bootloader.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 66
What you can try:
- restart the PC
- Use USB 2.0 port or USB Hub
- try another cable
- disconnect the device from the PC and restart the device in fastboot mode using the buttons (Volume down and power button)

thanks to both of you, you have been an inspiration, I plugged the usb cable into the rear ports of the motherboard, launched the .bat file, went for a coffee in the kitchen, and when I returned the phone was rebooting with miui and twrp installed, now all I have to do is inject Magisk and I will have full control and my favourite interface, thanks again:emoji_blush: