Has anyone actually managed to install the EU version on the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5g ???

childrensurf

Members
Nov 19, 2019
Friends grateful for the attention, more than 1 year ago I bought a Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5g and since then I have not been able to install a ROM other than the CHINA version. I already unlocked the device and tried several times to follow the tips of the staff here on the forum, but all without success! Currently the version of Miui is in the 12 automatically updated by the system. My question, have any forum users already managed to install the EU version on this device model?
Why doesn't Xiaomi drop a Global ROM?

Thank you very much for your attention

Hi All. Just tried to install TWRP on my Mi 9 Pro 5G but as soon as it installs using adb just go to MIUI screen and just stuck on to that screen. Just want to install the EU ROM but still no luck. Any help will be appreciated. Using the latest MIUI 12.

I believe that the difficulties with this model of Xiaomi are unanimous, however the previous post the colleague posted the Chinese ROM version which does not help in the face of the proposed doubt. I see several tutorials on the internet, but none that are successful. for example on the page https://twrp.me/Devices/Xiaomi/

the model Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5g does not appear to download the utility ...

someone qualify ??

I believe that the difficulties with this model of Xiaomi are unanimous, however the previous post the colleague posted the Chinese ROM version which does not help in the face of the proposed doubt. I see several tutorials on the internet, but none that are successful. for example on the page https://twrp.me/Devices/Xiaomi/

someone qualify ??
What really is the issue?
You asked for Xiaomi.eu rom for your device, @LOLO9393 already provided the link.

N.B: Xiaomi.eu rom for your device is based on the China ROM

If you need twrp, grab this
TWRP-3.3.1-0102-XIAOMI9PRO-CN-wzsx150.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: LOLO9393

someone qualify ??
THE 'colleague?' posted the EU custom ROM link you were claiming for.
What else we can do for you?.....
We can not install it for you, sorry!

Hi I have tried this twrp but still the same. After installing it after reboot stuck on MIUI screen. Could it be because i'm using the latest MIUI and android 10?
No. That twrp works with android 10.
1st boot usually takes a while, how long did you wait?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 355
Problem is not from your twrp, you installed twrp correctly. Did you format data before installing rom?
I couldn't even install any ROM as I cant go to TWRP recovery mode just stuck at MIUI screen. Also my mi 9 pro 5g is already unlocked and enabled USB debugging. I have tried booting holding volume up+ power button but goes to MU recovery.Thank you for your reply.

I couldn't even install any ROM as I cant go to TWRP recovery mode just stuck at MIUI screen. Also my mi 9 pro 5g is already unlocked and enabled USB debugging. I have tried booting holding volume up+ power button but goes to MU recovery.Thank you for your reply.
To go into twrp while on the MIUI screen
Press and hold vol+ and power button till the device restarts.
Then release power button.
After you see twrp loading screen, release vol+ button

done the instructions but will go to MI-Recovery 3.0 :(

Ok, here is a comprehensive steps to install the twrp and rom on your device.

TWRP FLASHING & ROM INSTALLATION
1, Put device in fastboot mode (vol- and power button. Release power button after device restarts. Release vol- after you see fastboot screen)
2, connect device to PC
3, from adb folder type "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" hit enter
4, after flashing is complete, type "fastboot reboot" hold vol+ and hit enter (device will reboot to twrp).(keep holding vol+ till you see twrp screen)
If you will like to backup your internal storage, see section "BACKUP INTERNAL STORAGE" if not, proceed to step 5
5, in twrp, go to "wipe > format data" type "yes" hit enter (ALL DATA ON YOUR DEVICE WILL BE WIPED, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR INTERNAL STORAGE)
6, reboot to twrp (twrp main menu > reboot > recovery)
7, in twrp main menu Go to “Mount“.
8, tap on “Enable MTP” option at the bottom right. (after that, the device will be recognized on your PC.)
9, transfer ROM zip to your device storage
10, install rom
11, wipe cache and dalvik
12, Reboot system.
Done !!
First boot will take some time, so please be patient

BACKUP INTERNAL STORAGE
1, in twrp go to “Mount“.
2, tap on “Enable MTP” option at the bottom right. (after that, the device will be recognized on your PC.)
3, copy your files from internal storage to your PC.
4, when you are done, proceed to step 5 in section "TWRP FLASHING & ROM INSTALLATION"

NOTE
if asked for a password in twrp, enter you device lockscreen password.

hope it all works out well for you

Cheers! :cool:

Last edited:
Ok, here is a comprehensive steps to install the twrp and rom on your device.

TWRP FLASHING & ROM INSTALLATION
1, Put device in fastboot mode (vol- and power button. Release power button after device restarts. Release vol- after you see fastboot screen)
2, connect device to PC
3, from adb folder type "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" hit enter
4, after flashing is complete, type "fastboot reboot recovery" hit enter (device will reboot to twrp).
If you will like to backup your internal storage, see section "BACKUP INTERNAL STORAGE" if not, proceed to step 5
5, in twrp, go to "wipe > format data" type "yes" hit enter (ALL DATA ON YOUR DEVICE WILL BE WIPED, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR INTERNAL STORAGE)
6, reboot to twrp (twrp main menu > reboot > recovery)
7, in twrp main menu Go to “Mount“.
8, tap on “Enable MTP” option at the bottom right. (after that, the device will be recognized on your PC.)
9, transfer ROM zip to your device storage
10, install rom
11, wipe cache and dalvik
12, Reboot system.
Done !!
First boot will take some time, so please be patient

BACKUP INTERNAL STORAGE
1, in twrp go to “Mount“.
2, tap on “Enable MTP” option at the bottom right. (after that, the device will be recognized on your PC.)
3, copy your files from internal storage to your PC.
4, when you are done, proceed to step 5 in section "TWRP FLASHING & ROM INSTALLATION"

NOTE

if asked for a password in twrp, enter you device lockscreen password.

hope it all works out well for you

Cheers! :cool:
Thanks so much for taking time to make this guide. Unfortunately still stuck on MIUI screen after flashing twrp. after the command "fastboot boot twrp.img" i I'm still waiting now to pop up in recovery mode but at the moment still at MIUI screen logo. "fastboot reboot recovery" will not work as per attached photo.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 332
Thanks so much for taking time to make this guide. Unfortunately still stuck on MIUI screen after flashing twrp. after the command "fastboot boot twrp.img" i I'm still waiting now to pop up in recovery mode but at the moment still at MIUI screen logo. "fastboot reboot recovery" will not work as per attached photo.
Updated step 4 in section TWRP FLASHING & ROM INSTALLATION.
Since you are in MIUI screen, start from step 1 in section TWRP FLASHING & ROM INSTALLATION.

It should work now
Do not use "fastboot boot twrp.img"

Updated step 4 in section TWRP FLASHING & ROM INSTALLATION.
Since you are in MIUI screen, start from step 1 in section TWRP FLASHING & ROM INSTALLATION.

It should work now
Do not use "fastboot boot twrp.img"
I really appreciate your help Geoorg :) im now at twrp and will try to install the EUR ROM. Will give you update when done. Again thank you so much!!

Reactions: geoorg
I really appreciate your help Geoorg :) im now at twrp and will try to install the EUR ROM. Will give you update when done. Again thank you so much!!
Good job man! :emoji_thumbsup:
I'm sure it will all go well.
I'll be expecting your update.

Good job man! :emoji_thumbsup:
I'm sure it will all go well.
I'll be expecting your update.
After flashing EUR ROM. Stuck in twrp recovery mode. and when I try to enable MTP I can see the drive but as soon as i copy the EUR ROM it disconnects. Maybe i will try push adb?

After flashing EUR ROM. Stuck in twrp recovery mode. and when I try to enable MTP I can see the drive but as soon as i copy the EUR ROM it disconnects. Maybe i will try push adb?
Did you format data and type "yes"?
Did you try a usb 2.0 port?
Did you succeed in installing the ROM and reboot?

Did you format data and type "yes"?
Did you try a usb 2.0 port?
Did you succeed in installing the ROM and reboot?
Im using USB 3.0. Yes the installation of the ROM was successful but after wipe cache and dalvik then reboot went to TWRP recovery