Have you ever changed your device's battery?

bczero99

Members
Aug 24, 2020
Hi guys.

This is my first post, so please forgive me if I did something wrong.

Ok, here it go.

I have a Xiaomi Mi 9, standard version, 6GB, 128GB, Snapdragon 855, since september 2019, and I'm having some battery lasting problems.

I see that the charge goes down fast. If I charge my device all night long and start using it at 9am (from 100%), before the night, at 5pm, I probably will have about 10% battery. Normally, I only use Google apps (Agenda, Drive, Task, Chrome etc) and WhatsApp.

Finally, some time ago I discovered that there are some apps to read deeper details of the battery. I'm currently using Accubattery and I saw that my battery had 3300mah when it was new, but now it has only 2400mah.

So I'm thinking about change my device's battery (I had bought one new in AliExpress and waiting it to come), because that fast battery drain is making me angry.

So guys, have someone here changed the device's battery (specially if it is a Xiaomi Mi 9).

Thanks for the attention!

I'll post the results when I change my battery.
aaf5ba8d6194234dc83f0ee7fd3173ca.jpg

Enviado de meu MI 9 usando o Tapatalk

I haven't changed it, but I recommend reading this topic:

I have tested it myself and it seems much better now.
First my battery capacity was around 2550 according to AccuBattery.
Then after following this procedure, it now is 3150.

"I had the same problem. Hopefully the battery could make 3 hours of screen, the strange thing was that suddenly it began to last very little, and I was with that problem for a couple of weeks, so I decided to calibrate the battery hoping to have some results and now the battery lasted again approximately 7 hours of screen. Try to make the battery run out from 100% to 0%. The system will not let you start because it calculates that it has no battery, so what I did was leave it in recovery mode and with the screen always active, until it turns off completely, then with a 5V 1A charger. With the phone turned off, charge it until it reaches 100%. I did it three times and the battery was back to the way it was before. You could try to do the same and I hope you can solve that problem."

But I don't know if it's damaging the battery.
I always thought OEM's build in a buffer for the battery, so it's not actually empty, even though the software says it is.
I don't know if this procedure is using that buffer capacity too. Maybe someone else can correct or confirm this?

Reactions: onolox and bczero99
I haven't changed it, but I recommend reading this topic:

I have tested it myself and it seems much better now.
First my battery capacity was around 2550 according to AccuBattery.
Then after following this procedure, it now is 3150.

"I had the same problem. Hopefully the battery could make 3 hours of screen, the strange thing was that suddenly it began to last very little, and I was with that problem for a couple of weeks, so I decided to calibrate the battery hoping to have some results and now the battery lasted again approximately 7 hours of screen. Try to make the battery run out from 100% to 0%. The system will not let you start because it calculates that it has no battery, so what I did was leave it in recovery mode and with the screen always active, until it turns off completely, then with a 5V 1A charger. With the phone turned off, charge it until it reaches 100%. I did it three times and the battery was back to the way it was before. You could try to do the same and I hope you can solve that problem."

But I don't know if it's damaging the battery.
I always thought OEM's build in a buffer for the battery, so it's not actually empty, even though the software says it is.
I don't know if this procedure is using that buffer capacity too. Maybe someone else can correct or confirm this?
I will try this before changing my actual battery for the new one.

Thanks for what you told me.

No problem! Please let us know the result?
Btw, I also deleted the /data/system/batterystats.bin file when I was at 1% battery. Then rebooted in recovery and let it run until it shut down.
But you need root access to delete that file

Reactions: bczero99
Hi guys.

This is my first post, so please forgive me if I did something wrong.

Ok, here it go.

I have a Xiaomi Mi 9, standard version, 6GB, 128GB, Snapdragon 855, since september 2019, and I'm having some battery lasting problems.

I see that the charge goes down fast. If I charge my device all night long and start using it at 9am (from 100%), before the night, at 5pm, I probably will have about 10% battery. Normally, I only use Google apps (Agenda, Drive, Task, Chrome etc) and WhatsApp.

Finally, some time ago I discovered that there are some apps to read deeper details of the battery. I'm currently using Accubattery and I saw that my battery had 3300mah when it was new, but now it has only 2400mah.

So I'm thinking about change my device's battery (I had bought one new in ********** and waiting it to come), because that fast battery drain is making me angry.

So guys, have someone here changed the device's battery (specially if it is a Xiaomi Mi 9).

Thanks for the attention!

I'll post the results when I change my battery.
aaf5ba8d6194234dc83f0ee7fd3173ca.jpg

I've changed to a 4000mAh battery and it's wonderful :))

Gửi từ MI 9 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Yes, fast charge still works, it still shows mi turbo charge. And I do think it's 4000mAh because it lasts much longer than the original battery.

Gửi từ MI 9 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Guys, I did the battery changing.

My Mi 9 new battery is lasting very long compared to the old one. I think it has the same experience than the original when the phone was new.

I feel like I've just bought a new phone. No need worrying about the battery charger anymore! I'm happy that I did this change!

If anyone is thinking to do the same, I will share the link to the AliExpress shop that I bought my new battery.

Thanks for the help, guys! Now I only charge my phone from 30 to 80% battery to spend the minimum cycles per charge. I watch every time the Accubattery! I hope I can enjoy my phone with this quality for another year! I really like my Mi 9!

See you around!
a0ff502953ff19070c1693dc5d0ea2c5.jpg
29cf8310697a37dbc673737c5849e5b4.jpg
972b42beb954b3c967cea745b78bf8a9.jpg

The procedure to "reset" the battery of the cited post on XDA really works.

And an advice: QUICK CHARGE KILLs YOUR BATTERY. Keep that in mind.

No, charging with a 1~1.5 amp charger and using your phone in the 20~80% range will make it last 5 or more years.

There's A LOT of difference on Kill something and normal usage.

The batteries are designed to last for many years, and "quick charge" is just a marketing well done.
You can charge quickly any battery, but it will damage it a lot.

The procedure to "reset" the battery of the cited post on XDA really works.

And an advice: QUICK CHARGE KILLs YOUR BATTERY. Keep that in mind.
Yeah. I'm only using the slow charge for now. Quick charge only if I really need it.

i baugt 2 kinds.
1 is
HSABAT 0 Cycle 4750mAh and NOHON Battery

from reviews i can see that nohon is legit, and that is what i replaced. works great. battery life is like new mi9

when this will go, ill install the fake 4750mah one

I have to say that having a phone with a 4000mah battery makes a huge lifestyle difference. I wanted a Mi 9 until I saw the paltry battery size, and I'm glad I went to the trouble of buying a Pro instead. I don't even have to think about charging it during the day, no matter how much I use it. That battery anxiety that I've been living with since I switched from Nokia some time around the turn of the century is completely gone.

I have to say that having a phone with a 4000mah battery makes a huge lifestyle difference. I wanted a Mi 9 until I saw the paltry battery size, and I'm glad I went to the trouble of buying a Pro instead. I don't even have to think about charging it during the day, no matter how much I use it. That battery anxiety that I've been living with since I switched from Nokia some time around the turn of the century is completely gone.
You're lucky. I bought my Mi 9 just a month before the Pro one was announced. Bad timing, but I don't regret it.

No, charging with a 1~1.5 amp charger and using your phone in the 20~80% range will make it last 5 or more years.

I charged my battery between 20 to 90 percent, also use 30watt charger .
what about this charger? is it good for my Poco F2 pro

IMG_20200930_235728.jpg