Help External SD

pjovp

Members
Aug 5, 2011
I have an Huawei X5 (U8800) installed the new official gingerbread release and after rooted my device was never the same.

Let me try to explain what is happening to see if someone can help.

Official roms:
When I turn my device to PC via USB and then choose the option Mount USB Storage what happens is in the device the Android stays Green with the option below to mount storage, the SD card is apparently un-mounted from device but in the PC I can see the SD card content normally and see it as a removable storage drive.

Custom roms:
When I turn my device to PC via USB and then choose the option Mount USB Storage what happens is in the device the Android stays Green with the option below to mount storage, the SD card is apparently un-mounted from device but in the PC I can see the SD card content but can’t make any changes as it opens up as a CD drive. Imagine you put a CD/DVD in your drive you can see all the files but you cannot write on it.

What can I do as seems to be a deep system alteration that won’t change by doing anything at all such as flashing new roms, changing complete content of pink screen, factory resets, etc, etc.

Can someone plz help me with this as I am a bit lost here?
Thanks

1st I would try to rule out that the problem is with the sd card, and 2nd rule out it is with the phone hardware.

If you put the sd card in card reader (or another phone) and connect it to PC, does it work? Can you access files? That should give at least some indication if the card is okay, or if it needs to be reformatted/is bad.

If you have ruled out the sd card as being bad, next Boot into recovery and go into mounts and storage in the recovery menu. Plug the phone into the computer with a usb cable and mount the usb in the recovery menu. If the sd card mounts and you can access files, then the problem is in the software on the phone.

If you have now ruled out the card and the hardware, now wipe everything. Boot into recovery and do a standard wipe from recovery. Also wipe cache and dalvik. Go back into mounts and storage and wipe /boot, /system, and /sd-ext. Now load a rom. I don't know if Cyanogenmod has a rom for your phone, but I would be inclined to try a cyanogen mod 7 stable build. Load it, and see if it works.

Hopefully that will help some to diagnose what is going wrong.

hi, have done all that.
it start to happen when I tried to root the just released official gingerbread.
I also have reverted to a 2.2 android and instaled a MIUI rom and issue presists.
I think as something to do with the ADB drivers. is it?
when I pulg the mobile to PC via USB before choose to mount usb storage it opens up a partition with some folders and files inside. I think these are the ADB drivers and I'm trying to overwrite them but apparently this is a R/O system

In officioal rom if I dial *#*#2846579#*#* I have access to project menu.

In project menu if I go to Background setting > USB ports setting found these options:

Normal Mode
Google Mode
CTS test mode
Manufacture mode
Authentication mode
Other Mode

By default all systems are with Google Mode activated.
If I change to Normal Mode it solve the problem.

Well, but I'm back to MIUI again and this don't work here.
So when I plug the USB cable and choose to Mount Storage, the SD gets unmounted from the device and in the computer I can see it as a DVD/CD-Rom Drive...

I'm sure somewhere inside the device something happen while trying to root the official 2.3 killing something such as the ADB or whatever.
What you think and how to put back again?