Help me out!

meetie

Members
Jan 11, 2013
Hello guys can someone help me out I have updated my Mi2 successfully to the latest ROM, but when updating language file my phone only shows MI2 logo and doesn't boot any more.

I went to updater app and selected the file miuiandroid_lang_aries-2.10.26.zip to update! I think I rewrote the update MIUI ROM 3.1.11 to miuiandroid_lang_aries-2.10.26.zip isn't it? And I only can turn off the phone by removing the battery.

I followed the instructions for installing the language pack and something went terribly wrong!

Thanks in advance!

the lang pack you installed was for an old version. I'm not 100% sure where you can go from here.... I'm not sure if you are able to use adb on Mi2 when in recovery... the only thing i can think of doing is starting from scratch by downloading the rom and renaming it to update.zip and flashing from recovery. I think also that xiaomi has a tool to let you flash a rom using fastboot mode...i will look for download link

EDIT: here is where you can get it

http://translate.google.com/translate?act=url&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://bbs.xiaomi.cn/portal.php?mod=topic&topicid=27

under where it says millet phone 2 download the wire brush package. The only thing i'm not sure of is if you need any other tool or if this package has all you need. i will investigate further once the download finishes. To use this package you will need your phone in fast boot mode tho. to do that hold the vol-up vol-down button and press and hold the power button until you see the first xiaomi logo. fastboot logo.

You also need this tool.

http://zt.xiaomi.com/bbszt/rom/miflash/MiFlash20120723.zip

Do understand that at this point all the options i am thinking of will wipe all your app data(not the files you had stored on sdcard but the apps)...it's the only way.

I fixed the problem the only thing I need to know is it okay to install

MIUI Multi Lang 2.12.28/29 on MIUI ROM 3.1.11 ???

or must I download and MIUI ROM 2.12.28/29 so that MIUI Multi Lang 2.12.28/29 will work for me (I need the Dutch language)?

If I am correct to install a language package I need to select update (zip file) from updater app isn't it?

1. Download the ROM zip file from ROM thread in this case MIUI Multi Lang 2.12.28/29
  2. Put it on your SDCard (yes Virtual)
  3. Open the App named Updater -> press the menu key and select installation pack.
  4. Then select the ROM zip file you want to install.
  5. It will install the ROM and will ask if you want to reboot to new system
Does this means that system 1 also needs to have this update file? Or will the language options also be accessible in system 1 when applying it in system 2?

you will have to wait for the updated lang pack to be released if you want to use 3.1.11 or else use 2.12.28/29.

How did you fix?

Actually, I have the same problem with my phone. So the question is -> how did you fix it?) I`ve never used MIUI before and watching this language screen of death makes me sad.