HELP! Mi-One Has died :-(

Sere83

Members
Mar 20, 2012
Was in the middle of a phone call, and it cut off and then could just hear a constant beep sound, and the phone wouldn't do anything. So I took the battery out, now won't even turn on, power up or charge. When I plug it in charging light doesn't even come on :-(

Looks like it's completely dead, any help appreciated!

Try keeping the battery out for some time 15-20 min and try starting it again.
If that dont help maybe you can try starting it with the charger and having the battery removed.

Cheers mate, It's sweet though MarkHUK saved the day again. I plugged into the computer with no battery then put the battery back in and it booted! Almost cr***ed my pants though! Thought it was dead

Yeah was so weird, never happened before, just went into a random coma! Mark made a good point though, the Mi-2 may not have a removable battery, so If that happens to someone with a MI-2 god knows what they will do

They will probably have big issue it would suck if you cant remove the battery from the new mi-2 since that is a good and nice feature.
1 very big issue i get from that is that fastboot in it's current form will not work since it tells you that you need to remove the battery to exit fastboot mode :) The only way to not remove the battery is to flash the phone :)

Actually almost all phones with integrated batteries have a power cable that can easily pooled out and go back in with the help of a screwdriver the only problem it will be in cases like iphone where you have to remove the screen but I'm not sure if the 4s still has this, in any way if you have a remove able cover you will be fine

Sent from my Nexus S

Yeah removing the battery from iPhone and other phones where you have to remove the screen or back cover with screwing are using a suction cup is not a easy/safe thing always its easy for something to go wrong.

Ahhh, bloody thing went into a coma again, well annoying as the only way to re awake is to plug into the computer and do the battery trick. Anyone know why this might be? Only done it two times but don't want it to start doing it regularly. Could it be hardware or software related?

I did a full wipe and installed latest rom through recovery, and didn't re-install a fair few of my apps, hasn't done it since I lasted posted, so fingers crossed

I have had the exact same thing as you described some time ago. I was on a plane listening to some music and suddenly it died and made a loud beep noise in my ear buds (almost killed my ears). Luckily I had brought 2 spare batteries with me and after the force shutdown I just put in a different battery and everything seemed fine. Haven't had this problem since flashing the ROMs that were released after it occurred. Don't know which firmware I had at the time it happened, though...

Yeah it seems to have gone with recent firmwares too. Mine wouldnt boot though until I plugged into the computer with the battery out then put the battery in. Although now I have a new issue, where my 3G signal disappears when I am on a phone call, then slowly returns from G > 3G/H a minute after I end the call. Do you have this issue? Also...do you use instagram or friendcaster? Do they work ok for you?