help on copy files btw mi3 and window xp

naronglex7

Members
Jan 16, 2013
my problem is using mi2 with window xp. how to get my mi2 files to show up on my window xp laptop? Photo mode works but not files mode. i also never had any issues with this laptop using other Android phones. i did install and uninstall (when it did not work) and reinstall (as advised in the help file) the driver that came with mi2. but cannot access to the files mode. thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

I don't know how to fix this. What do I do know however is that you should really upgrade to either windows vista or 7, as windows xp will be unsupported by Microsoft soon. This will make your pc very vulnerable.

any advice? help me please. this is one of few issues of the otherwise excellent mi2. the other is the reflective screen.

mitchd, hank you very much for your kind advice and assistance. on the transfer files isuue, after followed you advice, i still cannot see files on mi2 on my laptop. everytime it will say that: "the files is write protected." i would be grateful if you or anyone could further advice me to solve this problem. please be advised that i have no issue at all when connected my nexus s-not rooted, xperia play-rooted and another locally made android phone- custom rom to my laptop. on the advice on screen protector, i will try it and report back here on the result for the benefits of other mi2 users.

i also cannot find the matte screen for mi 2 on the website you kindly advised. could it be possibe -and if u have time - that you give specific link to me?

mitchd, hank you very much for your kind advice and assistance. on the transfer files isuue, after followed you advice, i still cannot see files on mi2 on my laptop. everytime it will say that: "the files is write protected." i would be grateful if you or anyone could further advice me to solve this problem. please be advised that i have no issue at all when connected my nexus s-not rooted, xperia play-rooted and another locally made android phone- custom rom to my laptop. on the advice on screen protector, i will try it and report back here on the result for the benefits of other mi2 users.
Try this ! http://www.miui.com/thread-942072-1-1.html
its in Chinese but screen shots are self explanatory

thanks hedron for your generous advice. i still cannot solve this problems. i tried your suggestion but cannot install the drives as displayed. i cannot get into setup.ex to install it.

i tried but (i) failed. the problem in general is that i tried to add mi2 as a new hardware to the laptop. then i followed the screen prompts to install drivers to "android phone" (which appeared in the hardware list when i click "find new hardware"). when i locate xiaomi drivers, i click the drivers (tried every i items under xiaomi drivers). the result is always: "there is no info concerning your device." both the drivers from mi 2 and from hadron"s generosity are successfully in stalled again and again. i also tried other methods such as using mpt porting kit, sync with wmp 11 (this only sees few files on laptop but see no files from mi2). what puzzles me is that photo mode on mi2 works fine but not files mode. i also never had any issues with this laptop using other Android phones.

dear tomalony. i followed your advice; and bang! mi2 files instantly displayed in my laptop. thoudsand thanks to your kind and generous assistance. also thanks again to others who took time to help me on this issue. what a wonderful website and participants!

Reactions: Tomalony