HELP - System UIDs Inconsistent

galaxy89

Members
Sep 6, 2011
Hi

Just updated to the latest ROM release through recovery in the exact same way i have been doing it ever since I moved to MIUI. I just updated now, and on first boot i get a message saying 'system UIDs inconsistent, data partition must be wiped'.

What do i do? Theres a button that says 'im feeling lucky', i guess if i click it, its going to wipe the data partition. Anything I can do to avoid this? Please help...

Also my screen has turned horribly blue

That is the system user Id. Some think it occurs because of a mismatch in the id from flashing a lot of roms, and something being incompletely wiped or left over from a previous flash.

If you are using amon_ra recovery, it has a fix uid setting, look in the amon ra menus and see if that helps.
You can also try going into terminal and "su", then "fix_permissions"

But I don't think either of those will ultimately work; could be wrong though

Redownload the rom and then wipe everything, cache, dalvik, data, and /system and /sd-ext (go into the mounts section in recovery and have it format /system), then reflash the new download of the rom and see if that works. If it does not, wipe everything again and revert to a previous nandroid.

EDIT: Just browsed around for a few to see if there was any good info on this, what I put above is generally what others have recommended. Some also suggest reformatting the sd card, but not all the responses I read found that to work. I think I would do that as a last resort and wipe everything again if need be, but it would not be my first, or second, choice if I could avoid it.

Thanks for the reply. In the meantime I did some reading as well and actually managed to sort it out.

I read that you simply need to go into recovery and fix permissions, so i tried that, but it didnt help.
I also read somewhere that a faulty application can cause this problem.

So what i did was to revert to my previous nandroid (I luckily took one right before I flashed the latest update, something i dont usually do!). Then i uninstalled three new applications which I had just installed yesterday. Reflashed the rom, and now its working fine :)

My guess is that one of the applications I had installed yesterday was faulty/broken or something.

Anyways thanks alot for the help! It may help others in the future who get stuck with the same issue

Thank goodness for the nandroids, lol, I have gotten into the habit of backing up the rom as soon as it is loaded and apps put back. I have a lot of them saved now (20 or so) so and they are backed up on my computer as well so I can always flash back to something working. In any case, I am happy you got it working!