Help With Flashing Needed [s3 Pro] [newbie]

simon_g

Members
Oct 1, 2016
Hi!
Today I become an owner of brand new Redmi s3 pro- i've updated it to the newest available version (Android version 6.0.1, MIUI version 8 global 6.9.29|Beta - unfortunatelly I cannot set United Kingdom as a locale, as there is no such country on the phone's list.
Unfortunatelly, even after upgrading it to the newest available version, and re-setting the phone there is no UK settings.

Anyway, which ROM should I install (and how?) to get the "cleanest" android version- with as few changes to the stock one as possible, as well as to be able to use UK as a locale (obviously)?

Simon

/// edit
also- did anyone tried to put 200gb (or higher) microsdxc card in it?
some specs claim 128gb is max, the other that 256gb is the maximal supported capacity

I think latest Rom where you can see UK as locale is 6.9.22 but I'm not sure...you should try or wait somebody that knows for sure...

For the rom, depends what you want, in Miui7 7.5.4 users says that battery is ok, Volte option is working and is afterall a good rom. Other says 7.5.9 is better but without Volte.
Other says Miui8 is better but mainly has battery problems and other issues....

For myself the rom i liked the most so far is 7.5.9, maybe 'cuz I never experienced Volte and I'm not feeling like I'm missing it...
Miui8 has some good improvements but you loose too much battery imho considering that both miui7 and 8 are Android 6.0

I have stuck with 7.5.9 rom, and like you I have not experienced Volte, so I don't miss it.
As far as the locale setting, I selected Algeria, and the time setting is the same.