Help With Mi Pad2 Black Screen

FlipD

Members
Feb 21, 2016
Dear All,

Xiaomi noob here. I have had a Mi Pad2 for the last two weeks and everything was running fine. This is my first Xiaomi device which I bought from a reputable seller with an EU warehouse. I was delighted by the build quality and performance of the tablet. The machine was running stock MIUI with the google services and play store installed. I tried to switch on Bluetooth of the first time to connect to a speaker last night and the tablet crashed to a black screen. :(There was plenty of charge on the device before but I charged it over night on the original charger and still cannot get the device to come back with long press on the power switch or volume button/pwr switch. There are no flashing LED's on the device and it is not discovered by connecting via usb to a PC. Has anyone else had this happen with a Mi Pad2? Is there any recovery mechanism or is it a return to vendor?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Phil

Hi Phil,

I ever had a similar thing happened to me. I held the power button for longer than 10 seconds, it will fully power off. After that you can press the power button again and it should boot normally again.

assi010

Strange one this. The Mi Pad 2 was completely unresponsive to all Android power key/ power & volume up/ long presses etc. No LED's, tried USB pwr from a PC versus the charger... this thing was as dead as a Dodo. I'd written it off and assumed it was an RTB and headed off on a business trip for 5 days after having contacted customer support at the vendor. When I checked the tab today there was finally an intermittent low pwr LED flash happening on the device... it had woken up on low battery!!! I got it back on charge and low and behold the Mi Pad 2 is back. :)
I'm doing the latest MIUI 7 version now and hopefully it will resolve whatever bug that caused this to happen. In the mean time keep an eye on those Bluetooth switch ons.
All the best,
Phil

Your guide is not working , I brick 2 times and contina does not work ... finds errors because it can only damage

PLEASE HELP ME ....
I have bricked my pad i have opened a thread on miui.com
because i can not open here ,i have to post sometimes first. the only way to fix this problem is to find test points of the motherboard ot jtag point to force
pad in dnx mode so we can flash a new rom but no one could tell me yet about these points.I HAVE FOUND SOMETHING similar for MI PAD1 .I CAN NOT POST URL FOR THE SAME REASON

Attachments

• 2016-04-07 17.41.02_432x768.jpg
    2016-04-07 17.41.02_432x768.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 955
  • IMG_20160407_174123_432x768.jpg
    IMG_20160407_174123_432x768.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 764
  • DSC001701.png
    DSC001701.png
    983 KB · Views: 1,603
Last edited:
Unfortunately no. No one yet help for this problem.

Στάλθηκε από το MI 4W μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Same issue here. Freezing seems to be totally random.

I've used the original charger only once and used a Tronsmart smart charger since then.

Last edited:
many articles on the internet are pointing to the battery charger controller and advise to not charge the pad with the original charger. yet im having this issue allot less in wind10 than in miui ... so can be some firmware problems also. i'm waiting patiently since it its really new.