Help with unlocking

Man... this is some special kind of hell. :)

OK. I disabled signature verification... I see the yellow mark Android under "other devices"... what drivers do I point it to? It won't accept the ones I d/led from Xiaomi.

Man... this is some special kind of hell. :)

OK. I disabled signature verification... I see the yellow mark Android under "other devices"... what drivers do I point it to? It won't accept the ones I d/led from Xiaomi.
And from this

Nada. :(

Years ago i had same problem with Mi5. The solution was to disable Windows signature verification to install correct USB drivers for Mi5 phone. After that PC regocnized Mi5 in fastboot mode.
Found this in xda oneplus forum today:

Postet in thread 'fastboot cannot recognize device but adb can' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...nize-device-but-adb-can.4040635/post-84052027
That's a brilliant catch I wasn't thinking of, as soon as he got the drivers right it will work :)

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I watched a video in a foreign language and installed random software that I had to shut down my anti-virus software for that was discussed in it.

Hell. :)

I suppose all the videos online purporting to remove the obligatory waiting period are various scams?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mali2
A last comment:
Of course it is always mandandory to disable virus protection while connecting/flashing a device with pc / laptop.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I watched a video in a foreign language and installed random software that I had to shut down my anti-virus software for that was discussed in it.

Hell. :)

I suppose all the videos online purporting to remove the obligatory waiting period are various scams?
Yes, the are

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk