Hide Bootloader Unlock

BombusAlpinus

Members
May 1, 2021
Hi, i would like to use an app which checks for root or unlocked bootloader. since i do not have a rooted phone i guess that the unlocked bootloader is the reason why the app complains and refuses to work.
is there any way to hide the unlocked bootloader?
in the dev settings theres a setting called "OEM Unlock" which has to be enabled during the bootloader unlock process. What happens if i disable this?
will i still be able to use the xiaomi eu rom?
will this "hide" the unlocked bootloader?
im currently running 13.0.6.0 Stable SJKCNXM on my Poco F2 Pro.
thanks in advance!

I don't think the setting will really work when you have Xiaomi.eu installed (and it is good news, since locking your bootloader with a custom ROM installed would prevent you to boot). The ROM already does is best to hide the unlocked bootloader by default.

I can see magisk mentioned here and there to hide the unlocked bootloader, but I don't have the knowledge around it. Just food for thoughts if you don't get additional answers

Reactions: MeiGuddet
I don't think the setting will really work when you have Xiaomi.eu installed (and it is good news, since locking your bootloader with a custom ROM installed would prevent you to boot). The ROM already does is best to hide the unlocked bootloader by default.

I can see magisk mentioned here and there to hide the unlocked bootloader, but I don't have the knowledge around it. Just food for thoughts if you don't get additional answers
thanks for your answer, just tried it with magisk and also the module saftynet-fix because the magiskhide seems to be "abandoned". but it didn't work.
so i will have to live with it or switch back to stock rom... will see what time brings ;)

What version of Android are you on? Try using universal satefynet fix (for A12 and A13) also install magisk hide props config and after hide the app and clear data from settings for that app. Safetynet wasn't passing for me unless I installed magisk hide props