Home button doesn't take me to home

xchatter

Members
Aug 14, 2020
Hi guys,

When I open an app from a folder then if I press the home button, it doesn't take me to home but it takes me to the folder. This is really annoying. Is there an option or anything that can tweak this?

I usually use Nova launcher on other android devices but on my 12S Ultra(maybe other xiaomi devices too) don't get along with other launchers. Some functionalities like recents and the tools available on recents like split screen start behaving badly or don't work at all.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

When I open an app from a folder then if I press the home button, it doesn't take me to home but it takes me to the folder. This is really annoying. Is there an option or anything that can tweak this?
It's a stupid feature that Xiaomi copied from IOS. It's been like this for years and I don't think they're going to change this stupid feature.
The same stupid decision is the integration of the gesture into the launcher and the problems with the use of third-party launchers.

Reactions: xchatter
It's a stupid feature that Xiaomi copied from IOS. It's been like this for years and I don't think they're going to change this stupid feature.
The same stupid decision is the integration of the gesture into the launcher and the problems with the use of third-party launchers.
Damn, that's so annoying! :(

Reactions: gogocar62
If you aren't deterred by the idea of rooting (and solving safetynet/play integrity headaches for some apps), this behavior can be modified with lsposed modules like customiuizer (development has stalled, but forks have given it support for newer android/miui versions).

If you aren't deterred by the idea of rooting (and solving safetynet/play integrity headaches for some apps), this behavior can be modified with lsposed modules like customiuizer (development has stalled, but forks have given it support for newer android/miui versions).
Thanks for the hint but I won't root for now. I got tired of fixing GPay every time a new update breaks it for root which seems to be more often lately.