Horrible Battery Life On Standby

bayard0

Members
Nov 29, 2016
So, my original MiPad had great battery life/standby time, this MiPad2 doesn't even match it. i get like 2 days standby with only 3 hrs SOT.

anyone else experience this problem?

Screenshot_2016-11-28-20-00-40-796_com.android.settings.png

This screen not giving enough information... Activity screen would be better. Maybe any certain app not allowing device to sleep. Also I realized, that in some strange cases battery drained only by wifi. For example, I'm travelling a lot and in a hotel I'm staying (all the time same hotel) during a night, if wifi is on, battery level drops by 20-30%. It might die just staying for a whole day in the hotel. But when I'm home, nothing like that happen and staying connected to wifi it might stay alive very long time and battery drained for 2% during a night. I didn't found a answer for that case yet.

for me battery drain when in standby is perfect
try to activate airplane mode and then re-active wifi

Also I realized, that in some strange cases battery drained only by wifi.
I can confirm this one. However, it happens on any wifi network for me. I try selecting "Never" for "Keep WLAN on during sleep" and it has better battery life, I guess there's an implementation bug there.

GENERAL DISCUSSION

Actually it is not about the WiFi , it is about:

apps running relentless all the time in the background , apps know when your Wi-Fi is active and they will be running in the background just for pinging, replacing ads or useless synchronizing and to destroy your life-quality.
I see that in the logger, logcat and other monitor-apps.

Very powerful app: Try to use Greenify.apk for putting apps in coma sleep. (Root and also xposed)

Use also wakelock-detector.apk
Amplify.apk (xposed)
Maybe playing with some kernel-auditor CPU-governor schemes.

Just guessing here: Then, next issue is the Intel CPU MiPad2 vs the Mipad1 arm (Double iphone 5 power). There are low-level things in the kernel that are fairly more optimized I think. Different hardware.

Intel isn't making more atom CPU's/SoC's anymore. QualCom ExyNos and MediaTek won the battle. Even next MS surface phone will be using SnapDragon 835-like

Next mobile CPU's will be based on Celeron & Pentium. They will be back ;) But nor fore phones and tablets.

Speaking about better battery:
Android versions matter too. The later version, the more power-efficienty by original standard.

Aosp version: Go to settings > wifi > Advanced > >Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep> >Always to Never.

Check if your android has deep-sleep mode! Dose! (Combination with Wi-Fi sync on/off) Built-in-Battery-save.

unCheck google location awarness.
unCheck "Network notification" whenever a public network is available.

Uninstall Facebook.apk. There is somewhere a web-chromium (built-in) tailored shell emulate the app-look

Check how many e-mail-client apps you use or other communication-apps example Viber,Tango.
Also weak wi-fi drains more battery because of the package-drops. When wifi is ON but not connected also drains battery, because it uses "aggressive scanning" when trying to find and connect.

Unfortunately, there is no Xposed-module for MiPad2. With Xposed-framework you could do a lot more with your devices.

Future ROMs will for sure be more optimized!

The MiPad2 Wi-Fi is much more stronger with the 802.11 AC-protocol with Wi-Di (intel Wireless Display) support.

Edit: I read now that MiPad1 also have AC-band. :)

Last edited:
if we talking about strange cases of battery drains, wakelock-detector showing absolutely nothing. when it shows something - you know what and where to fix. Playing with governors is about nothing. And device is not awake during sleep. I didn't try Greenify... But, just want to say again, this happen in certain circumstances with certain wifi ap. At home I have no problem at all...

Oiriginal-Poster OP Bayard0! Do you have the same apps and settings on both of your Tablets? Do you have root-permission?

Some apps are really are bad boys! (Da'Developers)

Well, Greenify.apk (Strongly recommend) for sure blocking all apps's event requests and effectively blocking all their event-subscription OnWakeCall , even system-apps- request for that matter could be blocked when Xposed-Framework is installed with Xposed Greenify-module. Hence the word "hibernation"

Registered Event-subscription waking the apps when something related (often not so related and important) things in settings or phone-use occur.

There are at least 100 different events occurring while you use in normal mode. You could only imagine, but for example: One event is when Bluetooth is on/off. Apps "related" to that function wakes up and starting to run.

Most app-developer don't care about people's battery-time. They build an aggressive app so they could intrude you. They're trying to put useless function just to excuse their permissions.

Last edited: