How do you restore saved Wi-Fi networks from backup?

Tiltowait

Members
Oct 10, 2013
I just bought a brand new Xiaomi 11 flagship phone. After doing a full backup of my Xiaomi 9 to the cloud and then doing a full restore on my new Xiaomi 11, the Wi-Fi settings are completely gone. It didn't even recognize my home network. I had quite a lot of networks saved from work, friends' houses, restaurants I frequent, etc. It would be quite a pain to lose them all. How can I restore the Wi-Fi settings from backup? I selected "settings" to restore and the Wi-Fi is still not there.

I just bought a brand new Xiaomi 11 flagship phone. After doing a full backup of my Xiaomi 9 to the cloud and then doing a full restore on my new Xiaomi 11, the Wi-Fi settings are completely gone. It didn't even recognize my home network. I had quite a lot of networks saved from work, friends' houses, restaurants I frequent, etc. It would be quite a pain to lose them all. How can I restore the Wi-Fi settings from backup? I selected "settings" to restore and the Wi-Fi is still not there.
I normally do a full restore using my Google account and that restores contacts, Wifi password, messages etc

Reactions: LOLO9393
I already traded in my old phone when I bought the Xiaomi 11. :rolleyes: I just have the backup from Mi's software.

i tried to backup my mi 9t pro before i convert to xiaomi.eu firmware
plain desaster, nearly all 200 apps...no data backup, soem apps gone, at least wifi passwords thanks to google

now the same issue to convert the poco f3 to xiaomi.eu rom...
seems that on the way between android 7 to 11 so much restrictions came in, that i really think about changing back to apple , as there seems to be no longer difference in how we get reestricted..at least a full data backup works on ios.without roiot, and any other hack