How is no one noticing or reporting issues with video calling?

OberZine

Members
Mar 10, 2022
Anyone else get video calling lag on any video calling app when connected to WiFi? On Xiaomi 13.

E.g. I'm in an LDR and will often try to video call on different apps, like messenger, meet, WhatsApp etc and each app when video calling stutters on any WiFi network, it's often unbearable and is fixed when turning off WiFi and only using mobile network, but that then reduces the video call quality drastically but at least it's not stuttering.

I can use my Xiaomi mi 10 in video calls and it works fine, and my iPad air 2 works fine.

As I say, I've tested it on numerous WiFi networks on my Xiaomi 13 (unlocked bootloader) and my partners Xiaomi 13 (Global locked bootloader), it really seems to struggle with video calling over WiFi.

What else can I do to prove this is an issue with Xiaomi.eu on the Xiaomi 13?

Reactions: ponci
Someone else having the same issue. Sadly, I'm not in the count. Though I only use Google Meet and Slack, but those two are fine for me through my router's 5GHz connection.

Someone else having the same issue. Sadly, I'm not in the count. Though I only use Google Meet and Slack, but those two are fine for me through my router's 5GHz connection.
It's so weird, I've configured my router to my best ability, but my partners or any other Wi-Fi network that I can connect to I have not configured and I still get the same issue regardless whether I'm on 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz

Google meet is better than most other apps for video calling,
Slack is a mess in video calling.
Messenger is almost bearable.
But WhatsApp seems to be the best.

The strange thing is my partner has the global version of this phone unmodified, and I have the Chinese version with the Xiaomi.eu rom installed and we are both getting this same issue.

It's becoming rather frustrating especially when she has to make long distance phone calls to her parents.

I can take a video call on almost any other app on my Xiaomi mi 10 perfectly fine. But that's not the point I bought this phone because it's better. But at the moment it doesn't feel like it.

If you have the same issue on a stock global device, it is a strong hint that it is not linked to the modifications by the Xiaomi.eu team

Maybe you could try another ROM not based on MIUI, if there is one.

Anyone else get video calling lag on any video calling app when connected to WiFi? On Xiaomi 13.
E.g. I'm in an LDR and will often try to video call on different apps, like messenger, meet, WhatsApp etc and each app when video calling stutters on any WiFi network, it's often unbearable and is fixed when turning off WiFi and only using mobile network, but that then reduces the video call quality drastically but at least it's not stuttering.

I can use my Xiaomi mi 10 in video calls and it works fine, and my iPad air 2 works fine.

As I say, I've tested it on numerous WiFi networks on my Xiaomi 13 (unlocked bootloader) and my partners Xiaomi 13 (Global locked bootloader), it really seems to struggle with video calling over WiFi.

Have you found fix for this? Also having the same issue on my poco f5. Stuttering video calls using wifi but ok when using mobile data

Have you found fix for this? Also having the same issue on my poco f5. Stuttering video calls using wifi but ok when using mobile data
Whatapp seems to work on WiFi stutter free, but I've not yet found a solution for any other video calling app. It seems to be only caused when connected to any WiFi network.

Although I have a 11 Lite 5G NE, the video calling problem was similar, but now it is okay with the latest (2023. december) update.