New YouTube Video Lag Issue on Xiaomi 12x in Mobile Networks

Likrante

Members
Dec 9, 2023
Hello everyone,

I have a Xiaomi 12x running on the latest firmware (xiaomi.eu_multi_XM12X_V14.0.11.0.TLDCNXM_v14-13, but problem exists from the begining) without Magisk. I've been using YouTube Premium for listening to videos with the screen turned off, and everything works perfectly fine in countries like Turkey or Asian countries.

However, whenever I travel to Germany or Romania and use a Vodafone SIM card, I encounter video lag issues. The video stops playing after 5 seconds, then resumes for another 5 seconds after a 10-second pause, and this cycle continues. Interestingly, if I turn on the screen, the problem disappears, but it reappears as soon as the screen goes off again.

This issue only occurs when playing videos on mobile data; if I start the video while connected to Wi-Fi and then switch to mobile data, it plays smoothly.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to update the YouTube app as it's locked within the firmware.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue or found a workaround for it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!