How to back "Google search" instead miui search. In assistant?

ksound

Members
Nov 14, 2016
Previously, i freeze the miui search in assistant and then use Google search, but now it has become impossible.
Someone can tell me, what and where to fix, so that instead of the native miui search there was a Google search. I hate miui search.
P.s. Sry for my language.

I freeze it with titanium backup. You have to be root. I don't like miui search neither.
Yes. I have a root. I freeze it with sd maid. But. When I freeze it, then when I click on the search bar in assistant, nothing happens.

Yes. I have a root. I freeze it with sd maid. But. When I freeze it, then when I click on the search bar in assistant, nothing happens.
Copy the velvet.apk to quicksearchbox in system/priv-app and change the name to quicksearchbox.apk

So when it trigger quick search it will open google app.
You need root for this

Enviado do meu Mi 9 SE através do Tapatalk

Reactions: gianton
Copy the velvet.apk to quicksearchbox in system/priv-app and change the name to quicksearchbox.apk

So when it trigger quick search it will open google app.
You need root for this

Enviado do meu Mi 9 SE através do Tapatalk
velvet.apk, where i can find it?

I don't use the MiuiPro and this is xiaomi.eu rom so you must ask there a solution for that

I type this in cmd on my pc:
adb shell
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.quicksearchbox

This uninstalls the Xiaomi searchbox and then I use nova launchers search box with google :) (On my Mi 10, but I suppose it should work on any Xiaomi phone)