How To Backup Original Rom Before Flashing Eu Stable Rom

Bártolo

Members
Nov 19, 2016
Hello all,

Recently I bought a Mi5S phone from Gearbest. Turns out they installed a shop custom rom and I want to change it to the Global stable rom EU that is made here in this forum.

As Gearbest says that I will lose the warranty if I change the ROM they installed, I want to make a backup prior to install the Global Stable rom EU.

How can I do it? I already have permission to take out the bootloader from Xiaomi and have TWRP app on my laptop.

If you could tell me step by step I appreciate it as I am a newbie in Xiaomi and never done this kind of thing.

Thanks in advance!!

Backup: i suggest you make a full backup in your Mi account. Or in TWRP.

If you want a guide for flashing the ROM (and first unlocking the bootloader) go to forum mi5s and look for all-in-guide, made by ZenXXII. Is very helpfull.
Besides, we will help you man.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5s met Tapatalk

For a basic back up - TWRP is your friend, You may have to get the back up off the device if you want to clean sweep it before EU ROM, Connect to a PC if you do not have an OTG (external USB type) solution.

It is unlikely you'll need to go back from eu rom.

On one other personal note. I did restore back up from mi-account. I seem to have run into all types of permissions problems. So there's that. Personally I am doing clean installs off the play store.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

Thank you all!

I already have the tutorial do flash the new ROM, but first I want to make full backup of the ROM my Mi5S came with.
What I want to keep is the ROM, so I can flash it agin later if needed due to warranty reasons.

What I am considering doing is:

1) Backup definitions, call logs, sms logs... with MI account
2) reset to factory settings
3) Take the bootloader off
4) install twrp to the phone
5) backup rom with twrp
6) transfer rom backup to laptop
7) install new rom

Is my plan correct?

Any thing else I should be aware or consider ?

Thanks in advance!!

Plan looks good - Remember to sign out of your google and mi accounts, the newer devices get locked to the original email used to register them. Should not be a problem good luck

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

The best way is copy the phone data to computer, once the data is stored on the computer, you can easy backup these data , but i don't know how to copy the data to computer security