How to backup?

SM26

Members
Jul 6, 2013
Hello everybody!

I have a Mi2S..or should I say "used to have"?
1602031_253609208140313_915586994_o.jpg

this is my phone....
I was driving around and it fell from my pocket and got run down by a SUV at about 60 KM/H.

touch screen doesn't work, but power button is OK.
can I back it up somehow?
(I can access the internal memory and pulled everything out from there)

Thanks in advance.

Based on what you said above, it appears you've already backed up your stuff? If that's not the case, you can use CM Recovery to backup your entire ROM with all your data, then back that up on your computer.

Even with a broken screen (it still displays stuff right?) you should be able to install the recovery and backup without touching the screen at all.

@yohyah Thank you very much!
forgot about that!

but I got kind of a dumb question:
were do I the backup?
can't find it anywhere....plus...I don't know what kind of file I'm looking for.

Did you already backup using the CM Recovery?

If so, you should be able to find the folder called 'clockworkmod' and inside another folder which contains the date in which you backup your ROM. Backup this folder on your computer and you can Recover your ROM it using the CM Recovery again when you get your phone fixed (or get a new one).

Cheers

Did you already backup using the CM Recovery?

If so, you should be able to find the folder called 'clockworkmod' and inside another folder which contains the date in which you backup your ROM. Backup this folder on your computer and you can Recover your ROM it using the CM Recovery again when you get your phone fixed (or get a new one).

Cheers

I got it to work, but it named the backup as the year of 1970....?!
By,the way, is there any way you export the date from the backups without the phone?

I got it to work, but it named the backup as the year of 1970....?!
By,the way, is there any way you export the date from the backups without the phone?

Hmm, I thought I replied to this a few days ago...

Anyways, I was asking what do you mean by 'exporting' the date from backup?

Hmm, I thought I replied to this a few days ago...

Anyways, I was asking what do you mean by 'exporting' the date from backup?
Sorry for the delayed answer.
Is there a way to see and use the data in the backup without a phone?
can I use a PC to open it up and see it's content?

Sorry for the delayed answer.
Is there a way to see and use the data in the backup without a phone?
can I use a PC to open it up and see it's content?

I'm not sure if you can open up the backup and see the data, as I think it has been formatted as a dump of your system files and apps. It may not be easily viewable.

Does someone in this community know if one can view the content of a CM Backup?

Thanks

There must be a way, TitaniumBackup can read CM backup files....

for the backup, try if U can use adb, when yes google the correct syntax for adb backup....

CWM can be set to use tar compression. there may be more files with the same name - just merge them together. finally, any multipurpose archiving app should be able to extract tar file.
btw, if you are after your photos, music, documents: these won't be in the CWM backup...

Sent from TapaPlaudern on Mi2S 32 GB