How to change default camera ?

kyj8100

Members
Dec 8, 2021
I want to change the default camera to *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* from stock but when I go to Apps > Manage Apps > Default apps the only option is the stock camera
Is there a way around this ?

I am using 12.5.18 on a Poco F3.

1639507128532.png

I want to change the default camera to *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* from stock but when I go to Apps > Manage Apps > Default apps the only option is the stock camera
Is there a way around this ?

I am using 12.5.18 on a Poco F3.

View attachment 39989
As mentioned in the title topic, we don't support this application on this forum. Sorry!
But, between you and me,it is not needed to to change default apps because you can install different version in your phone.
I currently have 4 different in test with stock in the corner for comparison. (version 6 7 and 8 latest. XML files included for selection when needed )

I am looking for a general solution - I want to use another camera app - not stock - for the lock screen and the "double click to start camera" function.
I find it weird that MIUI (or maybe its Android ) doesn't allow changing to another app even though I have many camera apps installed.

Can it be done ? I am open to solutions that involve rooting ..

I am looking for a general solution - I want to use another camera app - not stock - for the lock screen and the "double click to start camera" function.
I find it weird that MIUI (or maybe its Android ) doesn't allow changing to another app even though I have many camera apps installed.

Can it be done ? I am open to solutions that involve rooting ..
For such a complicated question, you have better to ask XIAOMI official. c.mi.com
Here is the EU custom rom forum.
And remember:
*no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum*