how to connect MI2S to win7 (USB)

aidan1983

Members
Jun 3, 2014
Hi all,

about a year ago i bought a MI2S and i am really happy with it. however, after about a year it is getting kinda clogged and i thought it was time to move my pics and photo's and video's to my PC. now i thought that when i first got the phone i simply connected it to my pc and copied all my music onto it.

but now i cannot get it to connect so i am starting to doubt myself. did i bluetooth 2000+ songs? i do not think so....

what happens is i hook it up to my laptop, the phone starts charging but nothing else happens. on my old samsung there was a notification, asking you if you want to enter mass storage mode.

it is possible to go into mass storage mode with this phone right? please help, i want to empty it before i go on vacation where i want to use the phone to take loads of pics.

Hi all,

about a year ago i bought a MI2S and i am really happy with it. however, after about a year it is getting kinda clogged and i thought it was time to move my pics and photo's and video's to my PC. now i thought that when i first got the phone i simply connected it to my pc and copied all my music onto it.

but now i cannot get it to connect so i am starting to doubt myself. did i bluetooth 2000+ songs? i do not think so....

what happens is i hook it up to my laptop, the phone starts charging but nothing else happens. on my old samsung there was a notification, asking you if you want to enter mass storage mode.

it is possible to go into mass storage mode with this phone right? please help, i want to empty it before i go on vacation where i want to use the phone to take loads of pics.
is it your first time to connect mi2s to your computer? I have mi2s and win 7, and i can confirm it works fine (read as mass storage mode).

[quotehashocks, post: 210109, member: 99782"]is it your first time to connect mi2s to your computer? I have mi2s and win 7, and i can confirm it works fine (read as mass storage mode).[/quote]

No i have done it before When i first got it a year ago. Yesterday i visited a friend who has one too. His phone worked fine. Then we hooked up My phone to his pc and it did nothing, so it is really My phone. I have miui .10and he has .17 does that make a difference?

No i have done it before When i first got it a year ago. Yesterday i visited a friend who has one too. His phone worked fine. Then we hooked up My phone to his pc and it did nothing, so it is really My phone. I have miui .10and he has .17 does that make a difference?
what do you mean by .10 and .17? do you mean the MIUI version? do you rarely update the rom? the only thing that we sure, the problem comes from the phone, not the PC. i don't know whether by updating the software can solve the problem or not, but many bugs have been fixed by updating.

i have miui 3.5.10. but it used to work before.

what i think i will do is create a backup, send it through blutooth to my pc. wipe the phone, install the newest miui and hope that it hooks up to my pc again so i can put all my music and the backup back. unless anyone has a better idea? no idea what happened though, why it stopped working.

anyway, i have about 7G of "other" stuff on my phone and i am not sure what all of that is since music (12G) and pictures (1G) are listed separately. so a format might be a good idea anyway.

i have miui 3.5.10. but it used to work before.

what i think i will do is create a backup, send it through blutooth to my pc. wipe the phone, install the newest miui and hope that it hooks up to my pc again so i can put all my music and the backup back. unless anyone has a better idea? no idea what happened though, why it stopped working.

anyway, i have about 7G of "other" stuff on my phone and i am not sure what all of that is since music (12G) and pictures (1G) are listed separately. so a format might be a good idea anyway.
wow, that version is around 1 year ago. many updates since that day. i guess it is better idea to update and see what happen to your problem.
anyway, i think it is normal to have misc files around that size. on my phone it is listed as 5.38 GB

ok so i found the time to wipe and update. i am now running Miui 4.6.6.

but i cannot say the situation improved, now it won't even charge when it is on USB...orinary wall charger still works so screw it. the phone is nice and clean again.

the only downside is that i now have to transfer 12g of music through blutooth...that is going to take a while :p

hmm i spoke to soon, neither usb charger nor wall charger are very happy to connect. takes a couple of tries...could this be a hardware problem? is there any way to clean the connector in the phone or something?

that is pretty weird. of course we hope it is not a hardware problem. maybe you can try once more with your friend's charger?
however, if you are a little bit advance user, you can try to use another roms and see what happens.
anyway, i suggest you post another thread here: http://xiaomi.eu/community/forums/xiaomi-mi2-s.101/
since it is focused on MI2s and more people are going there. hope that more people with mi2s may come and offer some suggestions. usually i ask my question there and i get more suggestions.

As a workaround, you can connect to your phone by ftp. Enable it in the file explorer.