How to disable default SMS notifications

Discussion in 'Question & Answers' started by samorgs, May 4, 2013.

1. I have a galaxy S3, flashed the latest 3.5.3 rom and was wondering if there is any way to completely disable stock sms/mms notifications? I like to use either GoSms, Handcent or Chomp SMS instead of the crappy looking stock MIUI sms. When i go into the stock sms settings and disable notifications I still get the notification icon for stock messaging in the status bar.

I have tried freezing the stock messaging app with Titanium Backup but then it will not allow me to send mms so obviously the other sms/mms apps rely on the stock messaging app for this.

This is about the only real drama I have with this rom, been trying to overcome this since V4 and have not been able to find a solution.

I have been a fan of MIUI roms since my days with a Motorola Defy, the only other thing I have found is that a lot of themes don't appear the theme everything. I have found on the S3 that a lot of the time status bar, messaging and dialer do not get themed, even when you see the screenshots of the theme they are supposed to themed.

Cheers

2. cvt123

cvt123Members

Mar 26, 2011
    Shameless bump as I am looking for an answer to the same question

Share Our Site