How to disable default SMS notifications

samorgs

Members
May 14, 2011
I have a galaxy S3, flashed the latest 3.5.3 rom and was wondering if there is any way to completely disable stock sms/mms notifications? I like to use either GoSms, Handcent or Chomp SMS instead of the crappy looking stock MIUI sms. When i go into the stock sms settings and disable notifications I still get the notification icon for stock messaging in the status bar.

I have tried freezing the stock messaging app with Titanium Backup but then it will not allow me to send mms so obviously the other sms/mms apps rely on the stock messaging app for this.

This is about the only real drama I have with this rom, been trying to overcome this since V4 and have not been able to find a solution.

I have been a fan of MIUI roms since my days with a Motorola Defy, the only other thing I have found is that a lot of themes don't appear the theme everything. I have found on the S3 that a lot of the time status bar, messaging and dialer do not get themed, even when you see the screenshots of the theme they are supposed to themed.

Cheers