How to do a clean install?

Juvept

Members
Jan 20, 2015
Hey!
Android 9 arrived to Mi6, and i would love to do a clean install, so, i'm asking if the steps above are correct.

1) Boot into TWRP
2) Wipe -> Factory Reset
3) Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Dalvik/System/Data/Internal Storage/Cache
4) Install ROM

Thank you and sorry if this question it's already answer somewhere here, but i didnt find it.

Last edited:
I did it that way. In TWRP start - Format Data - Restart in TWRP - wipe cache, dalvik, system, internal memory - Restart in TWRP - transfer the ROM to phone (or from otg stick) - install ROM

I did the same, I just learned how to use Android about a year ago. MIUI is my first Android OS.

1) Boot TWRP
2) Factory Reset
3) Format Data
4) Advanced (Dalvik/System/Data/Internal Storage/Cache )
5) Install EU ROM

Reactions: donger and Juvept
Thank you for all the answer :)
I forgot how to do it, because i only do it 1 or 2 times in a year, when MIUI gets a update or my device get a ANDROID update (thats the case) ahah

Reactions: Thommy
Just a re-up.
If ur OTG doesn't work, this work great :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

MIUI 11.0.2.0 isn't working on my MI 9
I have formatted my phone (clean install) and nothing, it stucks in bootloader and then goes to twrp??? any help please

MIUI 11.0.2.0 isn't working on my MI 9
I have formatted my phone (clean install) and nothing, it stucks in bootloader and then goes to twrp??? any help please
Maybe a little late haha but did you fixed that it boots again to twrp? I'm in the same situation. Thank you.

Hi, I just want to ask how smooth swap xiaomi.eu stable to xiaomi.eu dev? Just wipe all and install or maybe install without wipe should be ok ? Android 10 on both roms.

Hi, I just want to ask how smooth swap xiaomi.eu stable to xiaomi.eu dev? Just wipe all and install or maybe install without wipe should be ok ? Android 10 on both roms.
Hello, what device do you have?

But there is no Android 10 "Stable" ROM yet... still Android 9 for this device. :)

Anyway, you can dirty flash but you will need to install - after installing latest weekly ROM - this zip in TWRP to be able to boot => TWRP_LAVENDER_11.0.6.0_Global_ROM_info.zip

INFO: If you use this zip, you should not forget to install it after each weekly ROM update to be able to boot.

Of course, you can try to boot without installing this zip first. ;)

EDIT: If too complicated, you should "Format Data" in TWRP to make a clean install. ^^

Reactions: fatis