How to flash Control Panel Suite on Mi2?

wuxiamy

Members
Nov 20, 2012
I have a problem flashing Control Panel Suite mod as the updater app and MiRecovery rejects the zip file for Mi2, is there anyone who knows how to manual insert or flash with different method?

thanks for viewing~

Manually? Use adb. And then adb push for needed files. But it's hard for beginners. File is not flashing due to bad signing zip. What error shows MiRecovery?

Wysyłane z mojego Nexus 7 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

invalid signature/ Error 5 unknown zip file

adb also cant do anything because mirecovery does not support mounting system folder in recovery mode

Then the zip has not been properly signed.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 7

So does this mean it is possible to install control panel on stable build? (JLB 7.0)

I don't think so. JBL is odexed rom and that means it cannot be modded in any way.

I have also the problem to install the Control Panel Suite in my Mi2. I have Miui 3.1.11 Rom with Language Pack installed, but i get the same error when i try to install it.
I try to install with the Updater and selecting Installation file.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk 2

I have also the problem to install the Control Panel Suite in my Mi2. I have Miui 3.1.11 Rom with Language Pack installed, but i get the same error when i try to install it.
I try to install with the Updater and selecting Installation file.

Probably won't work over the Updater at all.

A guess is that you could try to rename the file to update.zip and flash through the MI2s recovery, but that's just a guess withuot any guarantee, might even lead to a brick.

As far as the procedure goes, this is what MIUI Australia says:

Rom -> Control Panel -> Language Pack - > Control Panel Language Pack

So, in order to have the CP fully working, you'd have to flash 4 times and, if my guess is correct, do it twice through recovery.

I tried it with the method you mentioned.
Renamed it to update.zip and flashed it in Recovery. It worked there, but no icon showed up.
Next time i will try it with your recommended sequence of flashing.
I read also the thread about CP but thought it is ok, if I flash Rom -> Language Pack -> Control Panel Language Pack.
Maybe that was my error.
Thanks a lot for your help with this awesome piece of technology!!

I tried it with the method you mentioned.
Renamed it to update.zip and flashed it in Recovery. It worked there, but no icon showed up.
Next time i will try it with your recommended sequence of flashing.
I read also the thread about CP but thought it is ok, if I flash Rom -> Language Pack -> Control Panel Language Pack.
Maybe that was my error.
Thanks a lot for your help with this awesome piece of technology!!

It won't work unless you flashed the CP after the ROM and prior to the language pack.

Reactions: Dlbg2013