Tutorial How To Flash Xiaomi.eu Rom [tutorial]

Jan 11, 2019
Yes you can install the weekly over the stable with preferably only a cache wipe.
PS make for security reasons always a TWRP backup prior to flashing.
Going back to an older stable version might require a system and or data wipe before flashing as the older stable system files might be incompatible with the weekly updates.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi Note 2 met Tapatalk
Thanks a lot @hblek , I'll keep those points in mind.

Dec 10, 2017
excuse me, i want to know about he wipe in the new twrp there is Data, Dalvik/Cache and Cache. do i check all 3 of them?
Wiping cache and Dalvik/Art cache is never a problem and is reccomemded to be done always, but as it simply clears the working cache. The cache is only a last stage of the last status of aps to allow quick reopening. If not available the system has to reopen the app from scratch. Loading of incorrect ca he data can prevent errors. For this reason it is always reccomemded to clear the cache and Dalvic/Art cache after flashing.
Wiping data might be only required after restoring an older version of the OS. Wiping data will the OS return to factory settings.

Wiping of system is only required in case of installation of complete new rooms. Wiping of system during OTA update will result in a soft brick or bootloop.

Wiping of manufacturer data should never be done. This will remove all drivers and imei.

Wiping cache after OTA update is normally not required. Wiping cache however is always reccomended. The only drawback is that a restart takes a little. More time.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi Note 2 met Tapatalk