How to install older rom?

Mr.freezer

Members
Apr 3, 2019
I have problems with miui 11 and battery drain. Can anybody help me how to install older rom with miui10? I have tried to download older rom and install it through twrp.. installation done but phone does not turn on.. just MI logo... Downloaded the newest rom, installed through twrp.and phone works... But battery drain still happening

So I tried to wipe all data.. including system. Installed stabel miui11 but it does not turn on.. just MI logo.. wiped again... Installed weekly miui11.. runs fine... I am desparate... No apps installed, everything turned off and battery is draining 5-6% in an hour without using the phone

When flashing from beta to stable and vice versa, other than a wipe, you should also perform a format data.

In TWRP, after you had flashed your desired ROM, go to Wipe, then tap on Format Data. You will lose your data and hopefully, you had done a backup prior to this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-11-25-01-32-36.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-25-01-32-36.png
    77 KB · Views: 446
  • Screenshot_2019-11-25-01-32-41.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-25-01-32-41.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 503
Reactions: iamme729
I have problems with miui 11 and battery drain. Can anybody help me how to install older rom with miui10? I have tried to download older rom and install it through twrp.. installation done but phone does not turn on.. just MI logo... Downloaded the newest rom, installed through twrp.and phone works... But battery drain still happening
Use miflash and a fastboot rom to reset your phone. This will clean it and remove collected issue you got.

You can download also from here:
if your phone is china take china stable N8. if it was certified Global on the box take global N.6
Don't forget to unzip the file TWO times (tgz and tar!)
remember the path you put it and take care file name is without space in it.

You can download also from here:
if your phone is china take china stable N8. if it was certified Global on the box take global N.6
Don't forget to unzip the file TWO times (tgz and tar!)
remember the path you put it and take care file name is without space in it.
I have downloaded global stable.. bit after flashing it says this miui cannot be installed... What to do now?

I have downloaded global stable.. bit after flashing it says this miui cannot be installed... What to do now?
sorry man, you must flash the rom that belongs to your phone model. This is to say you don't flash the right version.
There is no risk with Miflash because it will always advice you are doing wrong without going to brick.
- Are you sure your phone is global?
- IS it printed on the delivery box?
- you may have a chinese version where your seller installed a global.
- Check all that points and find the right direction.
you will succeed!
Ps: I'll be back tomorrow, it is night here.

As LOLO9393 said, do you have this printed on the side of the box? Is your bootloader already unlocked when you purchased it?
3e34ff6d0a8b18ff8bf0bd83e73a9954.jpg

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

sorry man, you must flash the rom that belongs to your phone model. This is to say you don't flash the right version.
There is no risk with Miflash because it will always advice you are doing wrong without going to brick.
you will succeed!
I have downloaded chinese rom... After flashing miflash shows error, but phone works on chinese rom.. going to test it for battery drain... Thanks a lot..

As LOLO9393 said, do you have this printed on the side of the box? Is your bootloader already unlocked when you purchased it?
3e34ff6d0a8b18ff8bf0bd83e73a9954.jpg

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk
No.. i have unlocked it before... I forgot mine is chinese version... Now I have succesfully flashed chinese rom...

Reactions: iamme729
you will succeed!
Battery drain is gone... 0% in an hour.. great . But what to do know? Try to install xiaomi.eu stable?

Now I have problem istalling twrp.. phone connected, usb debugging on... Command window... Fastboot devices shows my device... Fastboot flash recovery twrp.img... it says written sucessfully.. but when I reboot to recovery it boot to original xiaomi recovery

Now I have problem istalling twrp.. phone connected, usb debugging on... Command window... Fastboot devices shows my device... Fastboot flash recovery twrp.img... it says written sucessfully.. but when I reboot to recovery it boot to original xiaomi recovery
It append to me couple of times. Just reflash.

I have installed Mauronofrios twrp, booted to twrp by command fastboot boot twrp.img and than through twrp I installed twrp again and now it is OK... Flashed Xiaomi.eu weekly rom and everything runs fine... Battery drain gone.. 10 hours of standby just 3% of battery... Thanks a lot guys, especially LOLO