How To Proceed, Redmi 3s Problems...

Archolm

Members
Oct 11, 2016
Hello all, long looong story short, I have a 3s thats locked, developer options are turned off and its in a semi dead state. I can log into fastboot and I can log into stock recovery. I can not boot up.

How do I proceed from here?

I've never done an EDL flash myself, but I recall reading about this as a somewhat common problem (I remember reading that the file included in the package is actually named dummy.img instead)...

... Found it: http://en.miui.com/thread-422057-1-1.html

Proceed with caution. As I said, I have never had to do this myself...

Just as an opinion: If it is really so (that the flashing software expects a dummy.bin when the package actually has a dummy.img file), that's a really sloppy mistake from Xiaomi...

Reactions: Archolm
Just as an opinion: If it is really so (that the flashing software expects a dummy.bin when the package actually has a dummy.img file), that's a really sloppy mistake from Xiaomi...

I agree it is a sloppy mistake. But in the end it worked! Came back from a very nasty bootloop without access to anything and now have a fully functioning global rom installed. Just unlocked the phone as well. Now I go off searching for a fast and save method of installing TWRP.

Reactions: Jaime DLH
Glad you could make it work!

If you unlocked your bootloader, installing TWRP from fastboot is trivial. Just ask if you need guidance.

Reactions: Archolm
Installing it as we speak, this is a great community! Many thanks to various people here.