How To Remove Adware From Xiaomi Rn2

MatrixLinux

Members
Oct 7, 2015
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You see this video and enjoy yourself.

P.s. You see in Video dawnload Stable Xiaomi official Rom but you can choose XIAOMI:EU HERMES ROM

Reactions: Stefano131270
hi. my note 2 have trojan at processor and android service. i clean phone with antivirus but however it doesn´t let me change new rom.
sorry my bad language :)
Plz help!!

Last edited:
Reactions: MatrixLinux
hi. my note 2 have trojan at processor and android service. i clean phone with antivirus but however it doesn´t let me change new rom.
sorry my bad language :)
Plz help!!
How did you try (updater, xiaomi cwm, TWRP, SP Flash Tool?) and which version (stable, weekly)?

i tried all those but i didn´t get anything to work. i have MIUI 66.77.33.00(LHMCNCH) Stable
updater kick me out all time when i try something update.
flash tool says: initializing scatter file failed. please check the name of scatter file which you load is legal.

Last edited:
MIUI 66.77.33.00(LHMCNCH) Stable is a dog. It's a pre-release trojan ui used by the vendors, effectively a non-optimised unofficial release that, unlike xiaomi global beta, only degrades performance. I promise you that binning that will massively improve your experience!

Suggest you use adb tools to install twrp in fastboot, then superSU to root, then install Global Beta Rom latest (at time of writing, 6.1.28/29 for hermes). Thank me later

MIUI 66.77.33.00(LHMCNCH) Stable is a dog. It's a pre-release trojan ui used by the vendors, effectively a non-optimised unofficial release that, unlike xiaomi global beta, only degrades performance. I promise you that binning that will massively improve your experience!

Suggest you use adb tools to install twrp in fastboot, then superSU to root, then install Global Beta Rom latest (at time of writing, 6.1.28/29 for hermes). Thank me later

now it´s working!!! thank you!! :)

now it´s working!!! thank you!! :)

Hello anttoseta, I have the same phone and version, I have been trying to install the global ROM, am not successful in anyway. looks like am hitting a dead end. Please help me with step by step procedure you followed, I am sorry for asking this, it will be helpful to me and a lot of others as well.
Thanks a lot!!

OK, Dan, it's your lucky day. there are tuts available, but here's the gen specific to your phone. We're going to use the so-called fastboot method.

1. You need the following software - your phone is a "hermes", if in doubt.
* adb fastboot tools - google, download zip file, unzip to your pc (I use linux, but but it's the same principle for windoze and mac)
* TWRP_multirom-v2.8.4-mocha_signed.zip (you can use others, but this works fine)
* UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
* your chosen ROM.zip - I like global beta from here, but you could use any appropriate ROM, such as global 7.1.3 etc - just make sure you have the hermes version

2. Prepare your phone by going to settings/about phone and tap 7 times on the MIUI version. Then go to additional settings/developer options and check usb debugging.

3. Unzip and place only the TWRP image (either called recovery.img or twrp.img, or whatever you like) into the unzipped adb tools folder on your PC. You need not extract the entire content of TWRP_multirom-v2.8.4-mocha_signed.zip, just the .img file. You may overwrite any existing recovery.img in adb tools.

4. Place the superSU and chosen ROM on your PHONE in a suitable location so you can find it later - either at root or in download (for example).

Ready to go? Now we are going to install TWRP to the phone, so you can use it to root and then install the new ROM.

a. Power down your phone. Then, restart by carefully holding the volume down key and press the power button. When you feel the vibration, you can release the power button, but keep the vol down depressed. Your phone will boot into "fastboot" mode - a modified android icon will appear. Now, connect the phone to your PC with a usb cable.
b. On your PC, go to your adb tools folder, right click and open a terminal.
c. In the terminal, type "fastboot devices" - no inverted commas, you should see some indication of the phone being seen (because you are in developer mode as per 2. above)
d. then type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (no inverted commas; use whatever you called the .img in your folder - this assumes recovery.img). The TWRP image will be flashed to your phone using fastboot mode.

Now, you can type "fastboot reboot", or just remove the battery - get your phone to power off mode and unplugged from your PC. You are now finished with your PC - everything else happens with the PHONE only - make sure it is charged or plugged in for power.

Next - we're going to root the phone and then install the new ROM:

1. Power up your phone into the new TWRP recovery which has replaced the MIUI stock recovery. To do this, hold Volume up, then hold in power. When it vibrates (which can take 15 seconds), you can release power button, but it's very important to keep the volume up held in. It does take a bit longer than you think to boot into TWRP recovery - maybe a minute - so don't worry, just hang on with the vol up depressed. Your phone will boot into TWRP and you can start to do the good stuff.
2. Go to install on TWRP and a file list will appear. Navigate to your superSU.zip (wherever you placed it as per 4. above). Select it and swipe right as per TWRP. Clear cache and Dalvik afterwards when prompted.
3. Return to install by back buttoning in TWRP. Repeat the process with your selected ROM.zip, wipe caches and Dalvik afterwards. Note sometimes TWRP seems a bit slow, but just wait - it doesn't take more than 5 minutes at worst to place the files for the new ROM: - the actual installation takes place when you reboot.

So, reboot your phone when TWRP tells you that you have finished - this WILL take about 5 minutes at best - you can remove battery or otherwise power down. Startup with power button; resist the urge to fiddle until the MI load has happened. The bar that shows progress slows down towards the end of the process, just before you are presented with a beautiful MIUI ROM without any of the super-irritating Vendor shaftware.

When you're up again, check under about phone and you should be up on the new ROM.

Have fun

Last edited:
OK, Dan, it's your lucky day. there are tuts available, but here's the gen specific to your phone. We're going to use the so-called fastboot method.

* adb fastboot tools - google, download zip file, unzip to your pc (I use linux, but but it's the same principle for windoze and mac)
* TWRP_multirom-v2.8.4-mocha_signed.zip (you can use others, but this works fine)
* your chosen ROM.zip - I like global beta from here, but you could use any appropriate ROM, such as global 7.1.3 etc - just make sure you have the hermes version

2. Prepare your phone by going to settings/about phone and tap 7 times on the MIUI version. Then go to additional settings/developer options and check usb debugging.

3. Unzip and place only the TWRP image (either called recovery.img or twrp.img, or whatever you like) into the unzipped adb tools folder on your PC. You need not extract the entire content of TWRP_multirom-v2.8.4-mocha_signed.zip, just the .img file. You may overwrite any existing recovery.img in adb tools.

4. Place the superSU and chosen ROM on your PHONE in a suitable location so you can find it later - either at root or in download (for example).

Ready to go? Now we are going to install TWRP to the phone, so you can use it to root and then install the new ROM.

a. Power down your phone. Then, restart by carefully holding the volume down key and press the power button. When you feel the vibration, you can release the power button, but keep the vol down depressed. Your phone will boot into "fastboot" mode - a modified android icon will appear. Now, connect the phone to your PC with a usb cable.
c. In the terminal, type "fastboot devices" - no inverted commas, you should see some indication of the phone being seen (because you are in developer mode as per 2. above)
d. then type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (no inverted commas; use whatever you called the .img in your folder - this assumes recovery.img). The TWRP image will be flashed to your phone using fastboot mode.

Now, you can type "fastboot reboot", or just remove the battery - get your phone to power off mode and unplugged from your PC. You are now finished with your PC - everything else happens with the PHONE only - make sure it is charged or plugged in for power.

1. Power up your phone into the new TWRP recovery which has replaced the MIUI stock recovery. To do this, hold Volume up, then hold in power. When it vibrates (which can take 15 seconds), you can release power button, but it's very important to keep the volume up held in. It does take a bit longer than you think to boot into TWRP recovery - maybe a minute - so don't worry, just hang on with the vol up depressed. Your phone will boot into TWRP and you can start to do the good stuff.
2. Go to install on TWRP and a file list will appear. Navigate to your superSU.zip (wherever you placed it as per 4. above). Select it and swipe right as per TWRP. Clear cache and Dalvik afterwards when prompted.
3. Return to install by back buttoning in TWRP. Repeat the process with your selected ROM.zip, wipe caches and Dalvik afterwards. Note sometimes TWRP seems a bit slow, but just wait - it doesn't take more than 5 minutes at worst to place the files for the new ROM: - the actual installation takes place when you reboot.

So, reboot your phone when TWRP tells you that you have finished - this WILL take about 5 minutes at best - you can remove battery or otherwise power down. Startup with power button; resist the urge to fiddle until the MI load has happened. The bar that shows progress slows down towards the end of the process, just before you are presented with a beautiful MIUI ROM without any of the super-irritating Vendor shaftware.

When you're up again, check under about phone and you should be up on the new ROM.

Have fun

Thank you so much Gelopa!!!! I really appreciate your help here. Am so sorry for the delayed response.
I was trying exactly the steps but unfortunately am stuck at bad situation. I don't have File Explorer on my phone meaning am not able to see the downloaded Zip files in any of the folders I even tried it with SD card I see nothing, but when I connect it to my computer I see that the files are still in their respective folders. This put me at a blocker, tried many different ways to find the zip file and update my ROM but update manager crashes all the time as soon as I click on "Choose update package" even through the Update through root.

Please help!!
Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan

Do I understand correctly that you crash when trying to update using the
TWRP you installed? Or are you still trying to use the updater that came
with MIUI?

You don't need a file manager on your phone other than the TWRP tree when
rooting. You can always download arc file manager from the Play Store, though, if you like.

If you can see everything on your PC, you should be able to root and then
install. Have you checked you have root (use Root Checker from the Play
Store)

You should NOT be using the update manager under MIUI tools

Last edited:
Hi Dan

Do I understand correctly that you crash when trying to update using the
TWRP you installed? Or are you still trying to use the updater that came
with MIUI?

You don't need a file manager on your phone other than the TWRP tree when
rooting. You can always download arc file manager from the Play Store, though, if you like.

If you can see everything on your PC, you should be able to root and then
install. Have you checked you have root (use Root Checker from the Play
Store)

You should NOT be using the update manager under MIUI tools

Hello Gelopa
I am unable to Root the device, I have followed the step by step clearly until "Next - we're going to root the phone and then install the new ROM:". After that am not able to get the next step "1. Power up your phone into the new TWRP recovery which has replaced the MIUI stock recovery. To do this, hold Volume up, then hold in power. When it vibrates (which can take 15 seconds), you can release power button, but it's very important to keep the volume up held in. It does take a bit longer than you think to boot into TWRP recovery - maybe a minute - so don't worry, just hang on with the vol up depressed. Your phone will boot into TWRP and you can start to do the good stuff." I have waited couple of min with volume key depressed tried many times but my phone is not getting the TWRP tree. I have downloaded the root checker it shows Root Access= No Access SU =not found. I downloaded TWRP manager but it requires the phone to be rooted before we can use the app.

Ok Dan, so please confirm for me that when you type "fastboot devices" into your terminal from the adb tools location, that you see your device...I am gmt +2, so it's 09h10am here.

Pics attached: the terminal detecting your phone as a fastboot device, then fyi your phone is fastboot mode. We need to confirm that you have correectly accessed your phone via adb tools - you should see something similar to "4HAUIJIBUOSKCEIR fastboot". If nothing, your TWRP image will not be installed correctly.

One question: when you try to boot to TWRP, does it default to the MIUI recovery? Or what happens after you wait with the button depressed? Do you feel the vibration?

Let's double-check that you are correctly prepped on your phone. If your phone is not installed with TWRP as I described, you will not be able to root it. TWRP manager is an additional binary gui for using TWRP on a rooted phone, so don't sweat that.

Attachments

• Selection_269.png
    Selection_269.png
    22 KB · Views: 483
  • Selection_270.png
    Selection_270.png
    363.8 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:
Ok Dan, so please confirm for me that when you type "fastboot devices" into your terminal from the adb tools location, that you see your device...I am gmt +2, so it's 09h10am here.

Pics attached: the terminal detecting your phone as a fastboot device, then fyi your phone is fastboot mode. We need to confirm that you have correectly accessed your phone via adb tools - you should see something similar to "4HAUIJIBUOSKCEIR fastboot". If nothing, your TWRP image will not be installed correctly.

One question: when you try to boot to TWRP, does it default to the MIUI recovery? Or what happens after you wait with the button depressed? Do you feel the vibration?

Let's double-check that you are correctly prepped on your phone. If your phone is not installed with TWRP as I described, you will not be able to root it. TWRP manager is an additional binary gui for using TWRP on a rooted phone, so don't sweat that.
Hi Gelopa
In my terminal(attached screenshot)

Also for some reason I see that drivers are not properly installed for this phone(attaching screenshot). I tried installing universal ADB drivers as my phone was not being recognized.

I wait with the volume up depressed it just vibrates every 15-20 seconds I see the little MI icon in the middle and nothin for the next 15-20 secs, after 1 0r 2 min I release the vol up button MIUI starts automatically.

The following is the information I got from Root Checker.
Root Access:no access
SU:not found
UID/GID:n/auid=10093(u0_a93)
gid=10093(u0_a93)
groups=3003(inet),9997(everybody),50093(all_a93)
context=u:r:untrusted_app:s0
Unix Utils:n/a
PATH:/sbin
/vendor/bin
/system/sbin
/system/bin
/system/xbin

BOARD unknown
BOOTLOADER unknown
BRAND Xiaomi
CPU_ABI arm64-v8a
DEVICE hermes
DISPLAY LRX22G
FINGERPRINT Xiaomi/hermes/hermes:5.0.2/LRX22G/V6.7.3.0.LHMCNCH:user/release-keys
HARDWARE mt6795
HOST zc-miui-ota-bd39.bj
ID LRX22G
MANUFACTURER Xiaomi
MODEL Redmi Note 2
PRODUCT hermes
SERIAL 8HDAJNZDJF9SU4FE
TAGS release-keys
TYPE user
UNKNOWN unknown
USER builder
CODENAME REL
INCREMENTAL V66.77.33.00.LHMCNCH
RELEASE 5.0.2
SDK_INT 21
RADIO MOLY.LR9.W1423.MD.LWTG.MP.V24.P25, 2015/07/28 16:49

Attachments

• IMG_20160224_163509_1456349809078.jpg
    IMG_20160224_163509_1456349809078.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_20160224_163516_1456349758375.jpg
    IMG_20160224_163516_1456349758375.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 380
Hi Dan

So, your phone is prepped properly for use with adb tools. Suggestion: check when you unzipped the TWRP img, it was called "recovery.IMG" and not something else.
As you are in Windows, I can't speak to the specific command, but it looks like you have installed the image correctly.

When you fastboot rebooted, did you return the phone to power off, before trying to boot into recovery?

Did you hold in vol up first, then power, then release power first after you felt a vibration? This process is tricky to describe but easy once you get the hang of it. You don't mention the power button above.

The driver issue you show, I assume, are normal Windows attempts to report; adb is the universal access, as long as you have a suitable one for your phone model Hermes.

Try a different TWRP or CWM image if necessary, but it looks from what you have given me that it should be OK. You definitely used the exact files that I mentioned?

You have progressed, as now you just need to get into recovery. Before you tried installing the fastboot tools, this would have taken you to the stock MIUI recovery. Now you have written the TWRP image, you should be taken there. I understand your frustration, but I can't physically come and try to boot you into recovery, which would help me a lot in advising.

Can you ask someone else to try to volume up/ power? I think, in spite of what you say, that there may be an issue with your recovery boot routine. Use the tip of the volume up at the top of your phone with your left hand and the power with your right hand.

Sent from my rooted Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Dan: here's the trick. When you have completed the adb fastboot process, leave your phone attached to your pc and type: "fastboot reboot" (without quotes). As the screen goes black, hold in the Volume Up. This will boot to twrp. Rebooting completely uses a system root file that automatically reverts to MIUI recovery, on some (but not all) phones. Later versions of the EU weekly ROm include TWRP 3.0, replacing stock recovery, so this should not be an issue if you have a recent ROM.

Dan: here's the trick. When you have completed the adb fastboot process, leave your phone attached to your pc and type: "fastboot reboot" (without quotes). As the screen goes black, hold in the Volume Up. This will boot to twrp. Rebooting completely uses a system root file that automatically reverts to MIUI recovery, on some (but not all) phones. Later versions of the EU weekly ROm include TWRP 3.0, replacing stock recovery, so this should not be an issue if you have a recent ROM.
upload_2016-4-14_22-8-47.jpeg

Reactions: Stefano131270

Have fun

Do we need root to flash the rom? Or just by successfully flashing twrp is enough?