How to root my Xiaomi mi3?

desneeuwman80

Members
Aug 21, 2014
Hello I am new here and I hope someone can describe step by step how I can get root acces.
uploadfromtaptalk1409012856577.jpg

And also attach the needed files.
Thanx already!

Then first thing is to update rom to latest version, then enable root from security app.

Wysłane z MI4 W

Reactions: karellamac
Then first thing is to update rom to latest version, then enable root from security app.

Wysłane z MI4 W
Oke but I'm new with Xiaomi and miui and my phone is now on Android 4.3 and with the updater it says you have the newest software version.
How can I update to the latest version?

Download latest dev version from our 4.8.22 thread. Install via Updater (menu - select installation pack). Remember to backup your data using MIUI Backup app as this process will update Android to 4.4.4.

Wysłane z MI4 W

Download latest dev version from our 4.8.22 thread. Install via Updater (menu - select installation pack). Remember to backup your data using MIUI Backup app as this process will update Android to 4.4.4.

Wysłane z MI4 W
Do you have a link? Cant find it. Thanx again already

did you find out,how to enable root access in the new miui v6? I'm not able to find it, there is still Security app and Permissions button, but there isn't the button for enabling the root access

//edit: nevermind, solved, you have to use permission button for every single app in the root list

Reactions: Jeffrey van Zeijst
guys sorry to inform you but my oneplus One got delivered yesterday and my colleaque bought my mi3 , so i wont be here as often anymore, not until i lay my hands on a black mi4 64gb wcdma

Reactions: cbpbxecmecmbeh
This thread makes no sense to me. I have 4.8.28 and I do not see any of the menu items shown here. So, how to root the phone ?

It's already rooted. Just move your finger over all MIUI and find proper option. It's not that hard.

Wysłane z MI4 W

i still dont get it. here I show my mi3 MYMI3W.png and this is the security appSecurityApp.png this picture inside permission, I try to grant a root access to SuperSU InsidePermision.png InsidePermision2.png. where is the action to grant a root permission to them?., this is inside root access insideRoot.png . and while I open a SuperSU app, it show this.. whenOpenSuperSU.png after I hit OK it try to install SU binary tryToInstallBinary.png and show this again whenOpenSuperSU.png after hit ok again it show endEndOf.png