How to Stop MIUI 10 update?

Skyscraperfan

Members
Oct 20, 2018
Hi, I have a very urgent problem: I bought a Mi Max 3 in Singapore a few weeks ago, which runs with MIUI Global 9.6.6. It works very well and gives me a great battery life. After having seen many reviews about MIUI 10, I have no desire to upgrade. However, although I disabled all update options I could find in the settings, I get an update message all the time telling me to "restart and update" to MIUI 10. There is also a link "Update this evening", but no option to skip the Update at all.

I am quite in a shock. Singapore is 10.000 kilometres away from my hometown. So I can't just walk into the store to solve that problem. What can I do to keep MIUI 9? I would not even update if someone offered me 500 Dollars in cash. There is a famous saying "Never change a running system".

Apart from the battery life I simply hate updates. And very much I hate updates that are forced on me.

Since the (not yet installed) update came to my phone this morning, I also got some strange bugs. For example the process to transfer media from my phone to my computer always crashes now. But I am afraid that if I restart the phone now, the evil update will be installed automatically and I can't stop it without bricking the phone.

Is there any option to get rid of the update?

You could reset to factory
Start again without Sim or wifi
Disable all update options, lot of work.

I just updated, other than some battery life reduction I'm not seeing problems

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Yes, but that is a major problem. Battery life reduction also means the life reduction of the whole phone, as you can only charge it a certain number of times before the battery is quite unusable.

Can you restore battery life by disabling some of the new features of MIUI 10? For example I do not want to preload anything, as that is quite battery intensive. A new UI should be MORE efficient than the old one. Like modern refridgerators who use much less energy than the old ones.

Don't know nor interested
Phone's got a large enough battery
Then I'll likely change phone in a year or 2, finally if I didn't care for MIUI features I'd consider Android 1 devices

The Mi Max 3 was only available with MIUI and the other phones are just too small for my taste. I was even shocked how small the iPhone Xs Max is. How can they call that "Max"?

The battery life is already quite tiny compared to old phones which work for two weeks or more with a single charge.

Just imagine your tv gets a software update and after the update you have lost 5 tv channels. Would you argue "I still have enough tv channels"?

Peace out folks
We're not on the same bandwidth

What is also shocking to be is that I found out that this version (MIUI V10.0.1.0.OEDMIFH) was just rolled out to "random users" and is just a "stable beta" version. It will be rolled out to all users if the feedback is positive. So I am used as a test user without knowing it and if my personal test result was negative, I could not go back to 9.6.6. Nowhere in the description it says "beta". They should be more honest to users.