how to update rom on mi 11 pro after upgrading to miui 13?

jackyle

Members
Jul 16, 2021
hi ,
first of all i want to thnx all the good friends here who didnt let me down and guided me till i manage to upgrade my mi 11 pro to android 12 miui 13 , especially "

Tecalote" .​

now please tell me , if i see on my "settings" , "my device" , that i have an upgrade to my rom , how shall i do this? by clicking on the button or else?
thnx

@jackyle In Settings of the phone click in "My device" on "Miui-Version" - in some seconds a window will open (see Screenshot) There you can search for updates and if there's a new ROM update available after 13.0.13.0, it will shown automatically. From this window you can download the new ROM and it will be stored automatically on the internal storage. The checksum for the download will with the updater app will be controlled automatically.
After downloading you can boot to TWRP and flash the new Rom.

In Developer options you can also activate the feature of the Extended Power-menu. Soon its enabled, if you click on restart phone it will show you three options:
1) Restart phone
2) Restart to Fastboot mode
3) Restart to recovery (this will restart phone into TWRP).
So you need no button combinations to reboot to TWRP or Fastboot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-14-10-01-45-248_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-14-10-01-45-248_com.android.settings.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_2022-10-14-10-02-26-407_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-14-10-02-26-407_com.android.updater.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 104
@jackyle In Settings of the phone click in "My device" on "Miui-Version" - in some seconds a window will open (see Screenshot) There you can search for updates and if there's a new ROM update available after 13.0.13.0, it will shown automatically. From this window you can download the new ROM and it will be stored automatically on the internal storage. The checksum for the download will with the updater app will be controlled automatically.
After downloading you can boot to TWRP and flash the new Rom.

In Developer options you can also activate the feature of the Extended Power-menu. Soon its enabled, if you click on restart phone it will show you three options:
1) Restart phone
2) Restart to Fastboot mode
3) Restart to recovery (this will restart phone into TWRP).
So you need no button combinations to reboot to TWRP or Fastboot.
ok , on developer option i enabled/ "opened" the button of "extended power button" ...now ill have to wait till it will be this function or its already here and i can handle it?

ok , on developer option i enabled/ "opened" the button of "extended power button" ...now ill have to wait till it will be this function or its already here and i can handle it?
The extended power-menu is already usable soon it is enabled.
Just go to reboot your phone and you will see, that you have 3 options for restart the phone

If im put my finger on the power button to shut off my p hone,i have 4 options: restart,shut off,plane situation snd silent situation

Reactions: Tecalote
Yes, that's fine.
But you have to choose then restart and then you have the 3 options

What fine meine kleine kinder??? You told me that ill have the option to: fastboot and to twrp,directly,but i see only 4: silence,flight,restart,dhut off

You mean to push the button of power and to click on the restart option (instead of log off)?

Okkkkk i have two options: fastboot and reconstruction...what does it mean reconstruction? Enter into the famous Twrp ?

Once again - you must go to settings of your device. Then "extended settings" - "Developers options" - extended power-menu (not button) enabled.
After that reboot your phone.
Then you should have 3 options: Reboot (or restart), Reboot to Recovery (TWRP) and reboot to Fastboot mode