How to Update twrp?

paradoxum

Members
Jun 20, 2019
Hey everyone, i wanted to Install the latest xiaomi.eu Beta Update on my Mi 9 SE. In the past it worked fine.now after youre choose the Update package in the updater the Phone reboots in twrp. Normaly i had to swipe right on the bottom and the Installation Starts....but now it goes to the twrp Main Menu. So Maybe i need New twrp Version. But how to do? I downloaded the twrp and its saved in Download folder. Thought i can Install via twrp but in twrp my directions are only Letters and Numbers so dont know where i am and how to navigate to my Download folder. So at this Point i dont know what to do. Maybe u can Help me thanks...

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 SE mit Tapatalk

Go to Install/Install as an image and choose the twrp.img or follow the fastboot method like you install tqrp for the first time

Go to Install/Install as an image and choose the twrp.img or follow the fastboot method like you install tqrp for the first time
Yeah i tried to navigate through Install ....but cannot find the File because all folder are Letters and Numbers No normal names or Alphabetic

Yeah i tried to navigate through Install ....but cannot find the File because all folder are Letters and Numbers No normal names or Alphabetic

You must select install image , after only you view twrp.img file. Else your settings in install zip.
Search in youtube.....u get idea

Yeah also watched videos. Now i have some Pictures so u can See the Problem. In twrp i selected Image...and this is what twrp Shows....hundred of folders Just Letters and numbers
3bc66c056761a3fdcad647108becef9d.jpg
f3e94467b17a029d232d2018aea579b6.jpg
4748419e0425e9280eb7eef84125e945.jpg
6a3849788f3ae720ee014dcd7a938bb1.jpg
133783a37915d491c455890d9b249dd1.jpg

You just go back . Sd card.(up a level)
Then select download folder. Select twrp.grus.img

Download the IMG file to your computer then boot twrp, connect the phone to computer and use adb push command, if /sdcard/ folder is not available, try /tmp/ folder and then you can use install IMG option in twrp

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Thats because the sd it's encrypted i think.

Enviado desde mi Mi 9 SE mediante Tapatalk

Cant See Download folder.
1.Don't you have access to pc? Just reboot in to fastboot mode, connect your device to any PC and flash the TWRP with: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img.
Fastboot tool must be installed on PC.
2.Use any flash drive with usb-c connector. Just change the source to usb otg.

You have TWRP version witch can't decrypt your data.

1.Don't you have access to pc? Just reboot in to fastboot mode, connect your device to any PC and flash the TWRP with: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img.
Fastboot tool must be installed on PC.
2.Use any flash drive with usb-c connector. Just change the source to usb otg.

You have TWRP version witch can't decrypt your data.
i tried this way....it stucks at this window....i waited more then 30min then restartet my phone and get this message......debugging etc is enabled

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 301
  • Unbenannt2.JPG
    Unbenannt2.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 314
i tried this way....it stucks at this window....i waited more then 30min then restartet my phone and get this message......debugging etc is enabled
Probably you need install ADB drivers, it seems you can not get the device, try "fastboot devices" command and you have to see a line with letters and numbers

Quick search gave, that it might be a problem with usb 3.0 :) But it was a year ago :) Try to install latest version of fastboot and install full adb not minimal.

Probably you need install ADB drivers, it seems you can not get the device, try "fastboot devices" command and you have to see a line with letters and numbers

its listed....

Attachments

• Unbenannt4.JPG
    Unbenannt4.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Strange thing is i never had Problems to Update to latest Beta in the past....

Yeah
c0722954d2965892628122d92bbe3bf2.jpg

I was looking and some people say:
- Change the usb cable
- restart the pc and change of usb port

But, this sounds to me the very probable, maybe helps you, but I don't have more details.

- It's a problem with the USB setup, probably the drivers with microsd slot

Try to enable install via usb option :)
Also Not Working....cant underatand why i never had this Problem before....Just downloaded latest Beta rom and startet to Update via updater and twrp....i didnt Changed anything.

Also Not Working....cant underatand why i never had this Problem before....Just downloaded latest Beta rom and startet to Update via updater and twrp....i didnt Changed anything.

What ROM was installed before? Because if you for example used official or any other custom ROM, then you should do a clean install. Witch means a data format. Because without data format you didn't remove data encryption :) And if data encryption remained from other ROM version, it's obvious that your TWRP can't decrypt it. So if this is the case, you must format your data :) Try if adb push is works, because if you format your data you have to copy a ROM into your device, to flash it :) I'm using usb-c hub for my old memory card, bought it on ali_express for ~1$ + usb-c to usb hub also ~1$ :) As temporary solution you can install a fastboot ROM. But you have some troubles with fastboot, so try to use an other PC if Mi Flash won't be able to flash fastboot ROM.

I Always had the latest betas of Xiaomi.eu....but read in the official thread now, that many Users have this Problem with the decryption....but i cant understand how to solve.....it Looks Like twrp Version cannot decrypt Android 10....but what to do now

I Always had the latest betas of Xiaomi.eu....but read in the official thread now, that many Users have this Problem with the decryption....but i cant understand how to solve.....it Looks Like twrp Version cannot decrypt Android 10....but what to do now

If you had 9.10.17 or even 9.10.10 before it's also on Android 10. For Mi 9 cepheus at least. I clean flashed fist MIUI 11 eu rom and then dirty flashed all updates, never had any problems :)

If you flashed as you said you should have TWRP version 3.3.1-42 it's listed on the top. TWRP in EU ROMs re-flashed every time with the ROM flash.