How to Update twrp?

If you had 9.10.17 or even 9.10.10 before it's also on Android 10. For Mi 9 cepheus at least. I clean flashed fist MIUI 11 eu rom and then dirty flashed all updates, never had any problems :)

If you flashed as you said you should have TWRP version 3.3.1-42 it's listed on the top. TWRP in EU ROMs re-flashed every time with the ROM flash.
9.10.17 was the First with Android 10 for Xiaomi Mi 9 se. Clean flash means i will lose all my Data ?

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 SE mit Tapatalk

I Always had the latest betas of Xiaomi.eu....but read in the official thread now, that many Users have this Problem with the decryption....but i cant understand how to solve.....it Looks Like twrp Version cannot decrypt Android 10....but what to do now

Why do you don`nt use the TWRP 3.3.1.11 for Android 10 and no Problems with decryption?

Bei mir hat das Flashen von TWRP mittels fastboot immer geklappt. Versuche mal die Installationsvariante von fastboot 1.4.3. Die nutze ich. Das Image liegt auch im Pfad von deinem fastboot-Verzeichnis? Über TWRP konnte ich am Handy über OTG, also ein Stick mit dem Kabel, Zugriff auf Dateien erhalten. So habe ich auch schonmal TWRP neu geflasht.

Hey everyone, i wanted to Install the latest xiaomi.eu Beta Update on my Mi 9 SE. In the past it worked fine.now after youre choose the Update package in the updater the Phone reboots in twrp. Normaly i had to swipe right on the bottom and the Installation Starts....but now it goes to the twrp Main Menu. So Maybe i need New twrp Version. But how to do? I downloaded the twrp and its saved in Download folder. Thought i can Install via twrp but in twrp my directions are only Letters and Numbers so dont know where i am and how to navigate to my Download folder. So at this Point i dont know what to do. Maybe u can Help me thanks...

Your Data Partition seemed top be encrypted. Put the files on an USB Stick, and flash it from there.

Bei mir hat das Flashen von TWRP mittels fastboot immer geklappt. Versuche mal die Installationsvariante von fastboot 1.4.3. Die nutze ich. Das Image liegt auch im Pfad von deinem fastboot-Verzeichnis? Über TWRP konnte ich am Handy über OTG, also ein Stick mit dem Kabel, Zugriff auf Dateien erhalten. So habe ich auch schonmal TWRP neu geflasht.
Ja Image liegt in dem verzeichnis. Werde mir wohl so ein Kabel besorgen müssen

tried so many times now....different usb port and so on.....in that moment i press enter to push file my screen get black and tell press any key to shut down...

i get a utg adapter of my neighbours :) how to make a clean flash without losing all my data? and thanks to everyone who spent time here and tried to help me

i get a utg adapter of my neighbours :) how to make a clean flash without losing all my data? and thanks to everyone who spent time here and tried to help me
As I understand your problem is not only in TWRP. Can you boot into system and do you have access to your data? Because as I understand you can't and you don't. So you already lost your data.

I have all Data and now flashed via otg have latest Beta now. But next Problem i have since 9.10.17 in some Apps Like discord i cannot write. When Open keyboard App Crashes...tried also different Keyboards. Here is a Log i get

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Exception thrown on Scheduler.Worker thread. Add `onError` handling.
at rx.android.b.b$b.run(LooperScheduler.java:112)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Unknown Source:2)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:4)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:242)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:98)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:275)
Caused by: rx.a.f: context.getSoftKeyboardIdentifier() must not be null
at rx.internal.util.f$a.call(InternalObservableUtils.java:1386)
at rx.internal.util.b.onError(ActionSubscriber.java:44)
at rx.observers.b.onError(SafeSubscriber.java:1153)
at rx.a.b.a(Exceptions.java:212)
at rx.observers.b.onNext(SafeSubscriber.java:139)
at rx.internal.a.ai$a.call(OperatorObserveOn.java:224)
at rx.android.b.b$b.run(LooperScheduler.java:107)
... 7 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: context.getSoftKeyboardIdentifier() must not be null
at com.discord.utilities.keyboard.Keyboard$KeyboardMetrics.setKeyboardHeight(Keyboard.kt:293)
at com.discord.utilities.keyboard.Keyboard$init$1$LayoutListener$resizeRootViewWithDelay$1.call(Keyboard.kt:181)
at com.discord.utilities.keyboard.Keyboard$init$1$LayoutListener$resizeRootViewWithDelay$1.call(Keyboard.kt:101)
at rx.internal.util.b.onNext(ActionSubscriber.java:39)
at rx.observers.b.onNext(SafeSubscriber.java:134)
... 9 more

Gesendet von meinem Mi 9 SE mit Tapatalk

I have all Data and now flashed via otg have latest Beta now. But next Problem i have since 9.10.17 in some Apps Like discord i cannot write. When Open keyboard App Crashes...tried also different Keyboards. Here is a Log i get

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Exception thrown on Scheduler.Worker thread. Add `onError` handling.
at rx.android.b.b$b.run(LooperScheduler.java:112)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Unknown Source:2)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:4)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:242)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:98)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:275)
Caused by: rx.a.f: context.getSoftKeyboardIdentifier() must not be null
at rx.internal.util.f$a.call(InternalObservableUtils.java:1386)
at rx.internal.util.b.onError(ActionSubscriber.java:44)
at rx.observers.b.onError(SafeSubscriber.java:1153)
at rx.a.b.a(Exceptions.java:212)
at rx.observers.b.onNext(SafeSubscriber.java:139)
at rx.internal.a.ai$a.call(OperatorObserveOn.java:224)
at rx.android.b.b$b.run(LooperScheduler.java:107)
... 7 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: context.getSoftKeyboardIdentifier() must not be null
at com.discord.utilities.keyboard.Keyboard$KeyboardMetrics.setKeyboardHeight(Keyboard.kt:293)
at com.discord.utilities.keyboard.Keyboard$init$1$LayoutListener$resizeRootViewWithDelay$1.call(Keyboard.kt:181)
at com.discord.utilities.keyboard.Keyboard$init$1$LayoutListener$resizeRootViewWithDelay$1.call(Keyboard.kt:101)
at rx.internal.util.b.onNext(ActionSubscriber.java:39)
at rx.observers.b.onNext(SafeSubscriber.java:134)
... 9 more

Gesendet von meinem Mi 9 SE mit Tapatalk
Yes. You moving from android 9 to 10 so you flashed MIUI 11 with android 10 on top of MIUI 11 with android 9. It's not work well. Make a backup and make a clean flash. And yes you will lose all your data. If you sync with xiaomi cloud and google, all your settings, apps and contacts will be restored check the sync options. But you will lose all app data and files witch is not sync. You can try to backup your app data with titanium backup.

Why do you don`nt use the TWRP 3.3.1.11 for Android 10 and no Problems with decryption?

Same problem here.
Updated at MIUI 11, then this week updated to a new stable version and bam, stuck in recovery.
TWRP don't decrypt my internal storage so I'm stuck.

Now i'll try to update the recovery thru USB-OTG.
I just don't want to lose all the data over a Miui 11 -> Miui 11 update!

EDIT: even with TWRP 3.3.1.11 its still encrypted and don't ask for password.
Wiped all and reinstalled all.
Never again with no google photo or other backup, for picture.
I've lost so much stuff. :(

Last edited: