How to wipe 100% secure

thecode

Members
May 5, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have a Redmi 5 Plus and I need to send my warranty phone for a headset problem. Since I have photo and video and documents that I would like to delete securely, what do you advise me to do?

When, in the past, it was necessary to securely wipe data using a Mediatek Phone, I used SPFlash Tool and I formatted data partitions with zeros. In the case of Xiaomi I saw that there is no software like SPF Tool as support software. So I thought that I think I could do to delete securely all files is:

1) unlock the bootloader
2) use adb to make the dd with zeros of the relevant partitions

What do you think? Also, can I go back to relock the bootloader? when I finish to wipe? Consider that don't need to use alternative firmware but only the need to delete my files safely and 100% non-recoverable.
Thank you.

First of all, thank you for your time for replying me...

How TWRP format data works? Can I choose the single partition to format? Is a byte x byte format? Do you think it is a 100% unrecoverable format?

Hello,
I decided to unlock install SU and dd the /data partition.
Now I unlocked bootloader and installed TWRP but now I have the boot process stucked at mi logo and 3 little points turns at turn on the bottom of the display but boot neverends...

I tried to boot again the official firmware but same situation...

Please help.

Here is output. WHat can I do next?

(bootloader) Device tampered: false
(bootloader) Device unlocked: true
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: true
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
(bootloader) Display panel:
OKAY [ 0.059s]
finished. total time: 0.060s

I waited about 1 hour ... :)
I flashed a ROM beacuse after I installed TWRP I was not able to boot anymore phone. Then I tried to re-flash with some ROM. Any suggestion about the ROM to install? I cannot boot it anymore...