HTC Desire Battery Life

Ashes_786

Members
May 17, 2011
I want to start of by saying that I absolutely love MIUI, its fast, its pretty and it shows how versatile, adaptable and open the Android platform is. I want to thank all the developers that have made this possible. The one thing that is really annoying me with MIUI on my HTC Desire is the battery life, with the default 2.2 Froyo and HTC Sense I could with moderate use get 2 days, but one day was easily achievable even with a decent amount of use. With CyanogenMod 7 1 day was the usual, maybe less with heavy use but I could rely on it lasting the day. The battery life on MIUI is very bad, Leaving the phone on through the night (around 8 hours) the battery dropped from 100% to 20%. With fairly heavy usage 3-4 hours max with just a bit of texting, web browsing and music I don't think it lasts more than 7 hours. I've recently changed from the default kernel to 2.6.35.8 coutts99 kernel in order to save the battery but even this doesn't match the CM7 battery never mind the HTC Sense battery life. Many people have said that MIUI has great battery life, anyone know why its so crap on my phone?

tvT

I have to admit, battery life is excellent with Miui compared to Sense.

Did you try reseting your battery stats?
May your battery be getting old?
Programs running that are not performance logged?

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I have to admit, battery life is excellent with Miui compared to Sense.

Did you try reseting your battery stats?
May your battery be getting old?
Programs running that are not performance logged?

I've reset my battery stats a few times and I've only had the phone since October surely the battery shouldn't dying after 8 months or so. This is what the battery showed this morning but after I charged it its lasted all day so maybe the kernel that I switched to is finally having an affect on the battery, I don't really know. Can I ask how much battery life you get on you phone with MIUI compared to Sense?

It took my desire two weeks on miui and a new kernel before the battery sorted itself out. It lasts a day of good use now.

Which kernel are you using now?

I done a test with mine, 9 hours with 3g data on whole day, facebook, youtube and standard browsing left me with 27% to spare. Using the gingerbread miui rom 1.4.22
For the 1st time I can say I am satisfied with the battery