I cannot Connect my Xiaomi 11T Mediatek phone to my Acer Aspire 7 laptop

Vlad1234567890

Members
Jun 7, 2023
I cannot Connect my Xiaomi 11T Mediatek soc phone to my Acer Aspire 7 A715-41G-R8GU.

I tried on Windows 11 with 3 different cable, including the OEM one on all 3 ports of the laptop.

The phone charges, but it is not recognized/seen as a device with which the laptop can communicate. Simply put, it does not show up on This PC, nor does it show up in Device Manager - I cannot click on anything, it's like it doesn't own a software in itself.

I tried on other laptops and the device connects instantly. I tried other devices on this laptop and they connect instantly.

USB debugging is on and default USB is File Transfer.

Is there the potential of a missing driver?

I tried what is said here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/problems-with-updating.61957/#post-616357
but în my case the message returned when checkin for drivers is "Please Connect your device again". Like it's not there.

I tried to install/uninstall/update all the drivers in Device Manager that relate to USB/Android.

Windows is fully updated - everything is up to date.

Last edited:
I simply advice you that you can search Mediatek drives, instead of Qualcomm.

Enviat des del meu Xiaomi 12 Pro fent servir Tapatalk

Kindly Thank you for the reply.

I tried MTK or Mediatek drivers for USB or universal in at least five different iterations. SP Universal, ADB for Mediatek etc.

Do you have a link for one which you think it would work?

Sorry, but I don't like Mediatek devices, and of course, I have no idea where you can find it.

Enviat des del meu Xiaomi 12 Pro fent servir Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. My laptop has a usb 2.0 indeed which I tried. Everytime I do a change, I plug the cable in all the spots.

Do you refer that there might be an in compatibility between Ryzen and Mediatek? Because the two other Laptops I used were indeed with Intel CPU.

No, just an incompatibilty with Xiaomi devices and Ryzen happened sometimes. Most of the time the USB port was the culprit.
What's happening in your case - I have no clue.

Somehow managed to make it work. Used an USB adapter, which is seen by the laptop in cause, and connected my phone to the said adapter. Now I can sleep again.

For anyone going through this, take this idea into consideration.

On my part, the issue was clearly on the laptop.

Reactions: MeiGuddet