I got a Mi4 but it dont have the standart Miui and no Mi Recovery

Jianan

Members
Aug 31, 2014
I bought a new Mi4 checked it antutu benchmark and validator and it show the mi4 stats.
but the Updater is not working right ( when i press the menue button in updater it dont show the menu to restart in recovery etc. ),when im searching for updates it show me i got the latest IMUI. And when i start the device in recovery mode with vol up and pb. i come in android recovery.

My question is how to install the Mi Recovery and how to upgrade my miui to a newer version
and how can i let xiaomi verify my phone is original

Stats from settings:

Model number Mi 4W
Android version 4.4.2 KVT49L
MIUI version MIUI-KXDCNBF21.0
Baseband version MPSS.DI.3.0.-f0dea46
Kernel version 3.4.0-g26e4aff-0900-ga93b357

Stats from Antutu

OS
android 4.4.2
Android SDK 19(4.4)
(kernel i think is on chinese) Linux version 3.4.0 g26e4aff-00900-ga93b357(builder@taishan)(gcc version 4.7(GCC)) SMP PREEMT The Jul 24 15:45:58 CTS 2014

And i noticed that my device is very slow recharging, when im use it while im recharging it gains like 1% per 5 minuts and my batterie is going very fast low.

And i tryed to install updates per Android recovery and it only show me evrytime "ERROR: Invalid OTA package,missing scatter
Installation aborted.

and I cant find the dalvik cache.

Last edited:
check it with cpu-z , sorry but it seams like a fake xiaomi phone. send us a link from where you bought it

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk 2

cpu z seems correct too, 1409472863687.jpg 1409473405155.jpg

the updater has a link to zhushou.xiaomi.com it is officialsite, i think i need this software to update my device1409472991758.jpgi installed the software and it shows a option to upgrade the device, my device was detect once but a other software opend and showed the option to root the device, after rooting my device cant be detected anymore, i unistalled root after this. but my device cant be detected :(

I buyed it at Taobao.com but i cant remeber wich 3party merchand

Last edited:
Hi! Jianan I got the same problem with you. If you have any way to solve this problem pls. let me now.

Meeh, its a fake mi4 antutu i used was modified or something, i used the indicator from xiaomi and it shows that i only have 1gb ram and a display resolution from 1280x960 or something, I give this fake back and buy from tmall :)

the cpu z validator show this toohttp://valid.canardpc.com/a/wrahnn

Hi,

I bought this one too, and trying to install a ROM, I bricked it. Can you help me?

If you can, I told you how you can help me to revive mine. I'm desesperate
:'(

I bought a new Mi4 checked it antutu benchmark and validator and it show the mi4 stats.
but the Updater is not working right ( when i press the menue button in updater it dont show the menu to restart in recovery etc. ),when im searching for updates it show me i got the latest IMUI. And when i start the device in recovery mode with vol up and pb. i come in android recovery.

My question is how to install the Mi Recovery and how to upgrade my miui to a newer version
and how can i let xiaomi verify my phone is original

Stats from settings:

Model number Mi 4W
Android version 4.4.2 KVT49L
MIUI version MIUI-KXDCNBF21.0
Baseband version MPSS.DI.3.0.-f0dea46
Kernel version 3.4.0-g26e4aff-0900-ga93b357

Stats from Antutu

OS
android 4.4.2
Android SDK 19(4.4)
(kernel i think is on chinese) Linux version 3.4.0 g26e4aff-00900-ga93b357(builder@taishan)(gcc version 4.7(GCC)) SMP PREEMT The Jul 24 15:45:58 CTS 2014

And i noticed that my device is very slow recharging, when im use it while im recharging it gains like 1% per 5 minuts and my batterie is going very fast low.

And i tryed to install updates per Android recovery and it only show me evrytime "ERROR: Invalid OTA package,missing scatter
Installation aborted.

and I cant find the dalvik cache.