I think I hard bricked my Mi 11 Pro

MaKie

Members
Jan 7, 2023
Hi all,

I hope you can help me.
I have an Mi 11 Pro and used it now for nearly one year. It was a Chinese version. where I installed the EU Rom and used it. I didn't run any update on it. so still on the ROM from December 2021 / January 2022. Sorry but I don't know which it was because it's quite some time back I installed it.

two days ago I was using my phone before sleep, battery was good charged. after waking up the phone was not responding and stayed black. :(

I tried now everything I could find online. (Long press power button; Entering Fastboot / Recovery; etc.)

unfortunately nothing worked. (So was not able to enter any boot option.) Also there is no reaction when trying to change it or plug it into the PC.

is there any hope or did I know own a nice paperweight? :(

regards
marcel

My Mi 11 Pro suddenly died after 13 months of use. I was using stable ROM from xiaomi.eu. Same as you, no fastboot, no signal when connecting to pc.
Hardbricked caused by hardware issue in motherboard. New motherboard is too expensive, so I did not get it repaired.

Hi, thnaks for your answer. I also was now able to check if the phone drains any power when connected to a power source. unfortunately every time 0.00A. different chargers & cables tested. so I assume that the mainboard is dead...

My phone died too. A while before wifi stopped working. Apparently it's the soldering on the soc that's faulty, I might try to repair that

My phone died too. A while before wifi stopped working. Apparently it's the soldering on the soc that's faulty, I might try to repair that
If the issue is about soldering, you can try to get repaired. In my case, the repairing shop guy did it, and it didn't work. After that, he tested the CPU memory in a machine and gave error: CPU was damaged and unusable.

You don't know where or what solder point might be faulty or?
it would be nice to know and check a repair possibility. there was quite a lot fotos on this device wich I lost.

You don't know where or what solder point might be faulty or?
it would be nice to know and check a repair possibility. there was quite a lot fotos on this device wich I lost.
In repair shop, the guy tried to reball the cpu with rest of motherboard (that is what he said). It didn't work because the memory of cpu was damaged.

I have known about some devices that have been fixed after reballing, specially in wifi issues. It could be your case.