I want to change icons individually

no way i know i opened a topic THE SAME as yours
one of the biggest missing features

Not a missing feature, maybe just unknown.

If you read up on how a theme structure looks like within a zip file you can accurately replace app icons based on the of app. You can take apart a big theme mtz to see how this is accomplished (Just open with winrar/winzip, it's really that easy). Icons packs are all over the web, check deviantart or customize.org to figure that out(or just take the icons from the theme you want). Make sure they're sized right, and whammy. Make sure you edit the description.xml file with a text editor. It shouldn't be too difficult to figure it out, once it's opened. Delete anything else that doesn't pertain to the icons (unless you want the other theme styling too). Finally push it to the /MIUI/theme folder, open it in theme manager. Apply it to just the icons, or apply the entire theme, it's up to you.

If you are to re-post your setup make sure you give credit to anyone's work that is to be included.

Good Luck, and let me know if you have any further questions. Plenty of theme documentation labels out the framework of themeing in MIUI, it's quite fantastic.

well if i need to go threw so much trouble just to change ONE application icon as i have no knowlage in editing xml and stuff like that then it sure is a missing feature
changing icons is very basic for every launcher out there
hope that an easier way will be in MIUI sometimes soon

well if i need to go threw so much trouble just to change ONE application icon as i have no knowlage in editing xml and stuff like that then it sure is a missing feature
changing icons is very basic for every launcher out there
hope that an easier way will be in MIUI sometimes soon

Unfortunately I can't help you if you're not willing to learn.

i sure want to learn man hehe what made u think i dont
but it just seems so complicated for me thats what i mean
if u know an easy way to change one application icon i sure would love to learn
thnx !

Have a look at APK Edit. (Link Below)
It's an app that you run on your PC. With it you can change icons for an APK and the name of the APK.
It works great!!

APK Edit

yes i have tried this app before
the problem is that the icons are changed BUT they are still squared after installation

yes i have tried this app before
the problem is that the icons are changed BUT they are still squared after installation

Surely you'd want the icon style to match all the others on your desktop? wouldn't you?
If you don't want square icons use a Theme with round ones, Crimp is my favorite..

ye i am using buuf theme wich is one of the main reason i moved to miui since in miui the buuf theme is fully themed :)
but theres some 3rd party icons that do no have an icon in the theme so thats why i am looking for a way to change individual icons for apps
i wish there was an Applications options inside Edit Theme :)
thnx andy for your help and for your wicked mod !

ye i did try that but its just for changing folder icons :)
i want to change app icons not change folder icons and put apps there
thnx man !

/data/system/customized_icons_1/packagename.png
Package name can be found from quick system info. Should work :)

Sent by Owl Post