I want to run this rom but download limits over wifi is a deturrant.

chamunks

Members
Aug 15, 2011
I tried to download google maps over my data plan earlier via gapps (android Market place) while I was away from home and the phone requested that I connect via wifi in order to download this app.

I have a fairly decent data plan and want to get my moneys worth so I don't want any restrictions. This is why I won't buy an iPhone so if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can disable this so that I can download what I please on this rom I would love to continue to use it I love all of the options but this is a huge deal breaker for me.

This issue was resolved.

the issue was caused by the downloader app built into MiUi.

Disabling the "Download only using WLAN" option.

I tried to download google maps over my data plan earlier via gapps (android Market place) while I was away from home and the phone requested that I connect via wifi in order to download this app.

I have a fairly decent data plan and want to get my moneys worth so I don't want any restrictions. This is why I won't buy an iPhone so if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can disable this so that I can download what I please on this rom I would love to continue to use it I love all of the options but this is a huge deal breaker for me.

I have no restrictions on what I download. Are you sure you had good signal strength? Did you check to make sure your mobile network settings were good? For those I have to manually re-enter mine each time I flash a new version.

When I download an app of a certain size the message goes something like this. Wifi required for this download.

It was only a 6 meg app. Its happened a couple of times with the most recent stable for the nexus s.

I have been running Cyanogenmod 7 and also tried DevNull rom I like devnull for its speed and battery efficiency, but MiUi seems to be just as fast as DevNull which is saying alot. Seeing as its basically a stripped down android. My point in mentioning this is that in neither stock CM7 or even DevNull have I had this issue.

I've scoured the settings as much as I could think to from top to bottom but the MiUi interface is very foreign to what I'm used to so I could be missing something.

Open "Downloads" (is a default system app). Make sure that "Download using wifi" is Off.

Thank you I will try addressing this issue now with this new information.

thanks @fusingblackrose and @Cezar I will look into things now. I've reflashed my phone between roms about 7 times over the last 48 hours trying to find a best fit. I hope to settle with MiUi Cyanogen is a very good implementation of stock android with all of the tweaks required to make things as powerful as the blackvberry but I like the fine tuned additions and much better User Interface from MiUi.