IMEI restore

Sharker

Members
Jan 11, 2014
Hello all!
I have a problem. My phone does not catch network and he lost IMEI. How can I restore it?
1. I reflash the firmware with different wipe.
2. Tried to restore IMEI through the terminal:
su
echo 'AT + EGMR = 1,7, "IMEI_1"'> / dev/pttycmd1
3. And the other way
su
getprop ril.IMEY IMEI_1

where "IMEI_1" is my IMEI number

It's not working. Help me!

Who advised you to restore IMEI ?.. I don't think it's not a correct solution.

Try to re-flash recovery and then MIUI ROM (only MIUI V5 ROM).

In my country, some ROM's could't find the network providers name, It show's only Numbers (4062, 4060... ), sometime "auto network selection" not works, in that time i will select the native network manually. So try to flash MIUI ROM again and check.

Last edited:
No idea friend. Maybe u can contact customer support for further.

Before that have u tried other working sim with ur mobile?

Sent from my MI 2A using Tapatalk

Hello! Thread "How to change IMEI" does not work. :(
you can solve problem, i'm investigate on case and i have a solution for your problem

Download QPST Tools and use M1cha's guide, Mi2A phone name is SURF8960, add it in tab "ports"
To rewrite the code imei you have to open the program "RF_NV_Manager.exe" located in C: \ Program Files \ Qualcomm \ QPST \ bin
Now you can follow this guide from step 17

I test it ;)

Reactions: Sharker
you can solve problem, i'm investigate on case and i have a solution for your problem

Download QPST Tools and use M1cha's guide, Mi2A phone name is SURF8960, add it in tab "ports"
To rewrite the code imei you have to open the program "RF_NV_Manager.exe" located in C: \ Program Files \ Qualcomm \ QPST \ bin
Now you can follow this guide from step 17

I test it ;)

İs it work for mi2s

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Sharker
Thank you so much!
The first problem is solved - IMEI restored.
But the signal did not appear and the sim card is not detected. I tested it on another phone, everything is fine.
Also inserted into the phone other sim cards. No signal (
In engineering menu is written that the radio is turned off. How do I turn it on? Button is not active.

Thank you so much!
The first problem is solved - IMEI restored.
But the signal did not appear and the sim card is not detected. I tested it on another phone, everything is fine.
Also inserted into the phone other sim cards. No signal (
In engineering menu is written that the radio is turned off. How do I turn it on? Button is not active.
Wifi work normale?

Wifi work fine.
I have found no solution to the problem on your link.
Interestingly, the phone does not want to go into 2G mode - only 3g works

You can see in qpst in umts setting if you have enable 2g, whit *#*#4636#*#* you can see alla about modem

Yes, i try to use this engineering menu. Phone is rooted, but many buttons not work. I can select the type of network(WCDMA, GSM and others), but can`t "radio on".

This is my engineering menu

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 737
I speaking in the hangouts chat. Phone dependent. I rebooted it a long press on the power button. After switching network is fail.

I flash another radios, but many of them did not work - phone did not boot after flashing.