Imilab ec2 automation

nunonaos

Members
Apr 29, 2020
Hello
I'm trying to find a way to integrate the 2 imilab Ec2 cameras I have into my home assistant

It's really boring to have to turn on and of each camera manually, or change its schedule.i know I can schedule their active periods but I'm not home everyday at exactly the same hours so that's why I want to integrate with home assistant

Since imilab doesn't provide an API or any other form of integration, I'm thinking in connecting a wifi relay to the adaptor of the gateway so that I can control when the gateway has power (when it is on or off).
When the gateway is off the cameras don't send alerts so it kinda works...
I still can't send the notifications to home assistant but that's ok...

Do you think it will be a problem if I use this method? Do you think that turning of the gateway for many hours will be a problem?

Thank you

Enviado do meu Mi Note 10 através do Tapatalk

hello

i've sent imilab an email and they said there is and there will be no api or any other way to control the cameras beyond using mi home.

i've tried to connect the hub to a wifi controlled ac plug but the cameras drained to much battery when they were disconnected (probablya always trying to connect to the hub).

so, for now i have the notifications always on...

That is far from what I expected, guess we are stuck to manually turn on-off monitoring for each camera which is ridiculous. Thanks for sharing the battery draining issue. Wondering if those cameras can connect to some other hub for more flexibility?

That is far from what I expected, guess we are stuck to manually turn on-off monitoring for each camera which is ridiculous. Thanks for sharing the battery draining issue. Wondering if those cameras can connect to some other hub for more flexibility?
no, i don't think so, i've researched ad found someone on a forum trying to "hack" the cameras but without much success

Left the cameras without gateway during the night, zero % battery lost on both. Interesting how it will drain over longer periods.

Left the cameras without gateway during the night, zero % battery lost on both. Interesting how it will drain over longer periods.
So any news?have you noticed any battery drain?
I'm thinking of trying some kind of internet kill switch on the imilab gateway but probably the results will be the same.

Enviado do meu Mi Note 10 através do Tapatalk