IMILAB EC3 smart siren and key monitoring area do not appear in the my home app when selecting the Spain region (European Server)

lofer

Members
Jan 20, 2021
CAMERA IMILAB EC3
the functions smart siren and key monitoring area do not appear in the my home app when selecting the Spain region (European Server), only appear in the Chinese region, but on that server does not work the notification of movement detection and gives many failures in the connection and a very slow load. Anybody else have this problem? Do you have any news that the error will be corrected in an up-to-date firmware or software update?

para españoles/ en castellano: las funciones de alarma y de seleccionar areas concretas para que envie notificaciones de movimiento en dichas areas o que se active la alarma al detectar movimiento en esa area, no aparecen en la app mi home al seleccionar la region españa (Servidor europeo), solo aparecen en la region china, pero en dicho servidor no funciona la notificacion de deteccion de movimiento y da muchos fallos en la conexion y una carga muy lenta. ¿Alguien mas tiene este problema? ¿tienen alguna noticia de que vaya a subsanarse el error en una proxima actualizacion de firmware o software?

Chinese cloud is notoriously slow, notifications are hardly working. Buy only official European gear so that it's more likely to work in our region.

Hi, I have this camera in Spain as well.
i can't even manage the camera from andoid using the Spain region.
Only using ios I'm able to see the camera and manage the options.
The key monitoring area and smart sire. Are not available either.

I have the European version of the camera bought in Europe directly from imilab.

Have you written to imilab to ask if they plan to update the firmware to make these functions work in Europe?

All they say is that their engineers know about the bug but they don't say if they are going to fix it or not. I encourage you to write to them to see if we get any response.

For the rest, all the options work correctly and smoothly for me by selecting Spain in the app, except the aforementioned alarm and selection of areas.

I have the European version of the camera bought in Europe directly from imilab.

Have you written to imilab to ask if they plan to update the firmware to make these functions work in Europe?

All they say is that their engineers know about the bug but they don't say if they are going to fix it or not. I encourage you to write to them to see if we get any response.

For the rest, all the options work correctly and smoothly for me by selecting Spain in the app, except the aforementioned alarm and selection of areas.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I've checked on the imilab site imilab.com
But the ec3 camera dows not even appear in the products pagr

How did you contact them ? I bought the camera via alisexpress and it's the chinese version apparently.
Can you manage the camera from the android xiaomi home app, or how do you do it?

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I've checked on the imilab site imilab.com
But the ec3 camera dows not even appear in the products pagr

How did you contact them ? I bought the camera via alisexpress and it's the chinese version apparently.
Can you manage the camera from the android xiaomi home app, or how do you do it?

Thanks.
I bought it on Amazon where imilab sells it directly. If it works perfectly in the app my home on Android. My camera comes with the packaging in English and with the European plug, it is not Chinese.
Maybe if it is a Chinese version, it only works for you by selecting the Chinese Region in the my home app, but I already indicated that the Chinese Region in Europe works very badly, very slowly, sometimes it does not detect movement or has a long delay.
You can contact them at help@imilab.com

Kea area detection and smart siren funtion still not working for Imilab EC3 European zone- Romania. I do not understand why the producer preferes to have cloud congestion due to false alarms(trees moving, electric line moving, flying birds), instead of resolving this issue. I estimate that the cloud storage used in a windy day is at least triple, due to false alarms. Also, as an user, i receive notifications every 3 seconds. It is an perfect exemple of how you can make an 5 stars product, developed in years by very talented engineers, act as an 2 stars, just by missing an simple update.

Kea area detection and smart siren funtion still not working for Imilab EC3 European zone- Romania. I do not understand why the producer preferes to have cloud congestion due to false alarms(trees moving, electric line moving, flying birds), instead of resolving this issue. I estimate that the cloud storage used in a windy day is at least triple, due to false alarms. Also, as an user, i receive notifications every 3 seconds. It is an perfect exemple of how you can make an 5 stars product, developed in years by very talented engineers, act as an 2 stars, just by missing an simple update.
Yes, it is very frustrating to buy a camera that advertises the area detection and smart alarm functions in its advertising and does not work, when other less prestigious brands do. The manufacturer does not currently plan to enable this feature for Europe. I encourage you to request the update in your email: help@imilab.com

Together we can try to get the manufacturer to update the software.