[important] Petition to have kernel source code for xiaomi redmi 1S

tifosox

Members
Jun 8, 2014
Hehe pointless. I assure you that you can get a million signs and that petition won't be read by Xiaomi at all. But... You can try.

Reactions: tifosox
Well you can post it on en.MIUI.com forum.

I start to resent Xiaomi. They dont want to release the kernel source for their mobile phones. People are going to make roms anyway, Xiaomi is making their life more difficult. And making their customers, im one of them, very angry, coz i would like to try another rom. They cant be good enough without kernel source. I dont like Miui so much, it is not based on Cyanogen mode.

Hi guys this is grt piece of hardware , i tried all diferent roms miui, mokee, cm11 and few others but mokee seems to have worked best for me. Miui is good but xiaomi should understand that there handset sales would be even better if there is large collection of custom rom for a handset in economic prize range, so a person reading this topic might some other handset where oem helps developers with kernel and other details.. Like motorola moto g 2g which already has cm12 alpha built available, i would like to see xiaomi releasing kernel source to developers..
Thanks

signed, i'm trying hard to flash to Mokee now, the stock ROM + Redmi 1S is terrible as compared to my older Mi-2 and Mi-2S