New Impossible to update

razor111

Members
Aug 26, 2018
Cannot update. This is happening on every weekly release.

I am using MI8 SE.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-26-11-39-06-857_pl.zdunex25.updater.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-26-11-39-06-857_pl.zdunex25.updater.png
    272.4 KB · Views: 330
I always download the file manually and then use updater to upgrade the system. Always work for me.
I have mi 8 SE too but didn't try OTA update.

Really strange, I can only suggest installing it from TWRP recovery. If doesn't work redownload the update file. I have TWRP 3.2.3. just for info.

The TWRP thing is another problem. I ve flashed it and now my phone only boot in Fastboot mode. I will try your way.

I've managed to flash TWRP to my device with this tool. Now the system update is downloading. But still it is a bug to be considered. This thread can be closed i believe.

Thanks @zmajdk

Reactions: zmajdk
I have the same issue on Mi Note 3, has been around since Xiaomi.eu MIUI 9 and applies to 10 as well, all stable releases. When i go to the update screen it notifies me that an update is available. When i hit download, it just pops up a message that i am already up to date and does nothing.

Second issue is that when i download the updated rom manually and restart to TWRP, the installer complains about the device name and doesn't install. My device is required to return "jason" while it returns empty string. I managed to install MIUI 10 only after modifying the install script to ommit that line.

Can these two correlate?

Screenshot_2018-10-14-20-11-56-153_pl.zdunex25.updater.png