New In POCO f3, *bold* function in messages doesn't work

pedroalvesjor

Members
Jun 8, 2021
In POCO f3,

When I choose a font for the system in the Themes app, the whole phone gets the new font, but in WhastApp the *bold* function in messages doesn't work. What to do ??

In POCO f3,

When I choose a font for the system in the Themes app, the whole phone gets the new font, but in WhastApp the *bold* function in messages doesn't work. What to do ??
Are you sure you are talking about official WhatsApp?

Anyway not all fonts are supporting the bold feature, you can already notice before applying an new font.

yea! certainty! I'm using the official WhatsApp. The bold issue happens not only on Whatsapp, but also on Instagram and Facebook. In several passages that should have bold, it doesn't. The problem is only solved when I choose the Xiaomi.Eu system's native font. In all other fonts in the Themes app, the issue occurs. Clearly, it seems to me that there is a defect in the system and not in the fonts, as in other Xiaomi cell phones I didn't have this problem. I am using the latest Xiaomi.Eu version on MIUI 12.5

yea! certainty! I'm using the official WhatsApp. The bold issue happens not only on Whatsapp, but also on Instagram and Facebook. In several passages that should have bold, it doesn't. The problem is only solved when I choose the Xiaomi.Eu system's native font. In all other fonts in the Themes app, the issue occurs. Clearly, it seems to me that there is a defect in the system and not in the fonts, as in other Xiaomi cell phones I didn't have this problem. I am using the latest Xiaomi.Eu version on MIUI 12.5

Well, I can't tell you which fonts support bold, but there are now 2 options, font size and bold feature. If you have a font format not supporting this, it won't probably work.

Same thing happens to themes all the time, new version on MIUI or beta and themes aren't fully working bc not compatible.

You can try this:

In phone's settings => Wallpaper & personalization => Fonts => Enable "System-wide variable font" option

:)

Reactions: osnix
You can try this:

In phone's settings => Wallpaper & personalization => Fonts => Enable "System-wide variable font" option

:)

Yeah, this is enabled by default AFAIK, I downloaded some fonts now and no one is supporting that bold feature. Only default Roboto does ;)

And while looking at that I find some weird gallery bug ( well maybe it is a feature who knows ). ;)