Install a ROM Multi-language in a Xiaomi 14

Antonio Colom

Members
Nov 5, 2023
Hello mates, I want to buy a Xiaomi 14 but only it has firmware language English and Chinese, ... will I be able to install a ROM multi-language in it?. Best regards from Spain, Antonio Colom

Reactions: Authi
Will we need recovery/root?
None of our ROMs require TWRP. It's only needed for OTA updates, but updating via Fastboot manually is always the main option.
Root is not needed at all.

Is there another thread I should be following for this development?
No, we don't maintain any development "blog". Once it's ready, it'll be released.

None of our ROMs require TWRP. It's only needed for OTA updates, but updating via Fastboot manually is always the main option.
Root is not needed at all.

No, we don't maintain any development "blog". Once it's ready, it'll be released.
Thanks a ton man! Where can I check for the release once ready?

Thanks a ton man! Where can I check for the release once ready?
First thing you'll see is the Supported devices table being updated.

Reactions: CYBRHKR
I mean it's good that they plan to support Xiaomi 14 (Pro) but if you import the CN model and are a non-chinese citizen you can't unlock the bootloader.

@CYBRHKR
You have to be a chinese citizen if you want to unlock the bootloader of the chinese version of HyperOS.

Xiaomi didn't announce the requirements for the global version yet.

@ConstantinIoan
Could you explain this further?
Androidauthority,

Xiaomi has confirmed that it is blocking bootloader unlocking by default on HyperOS phones
Online reports suggest that the company was completely barring users from unlocking the bootloaders of their HyperOS
Xiaomi has confirmed to Android Authority that bootloader unlocking will indeed be disabled out-of-the-box on HyperOS smartphones

Yeah............. Order cancelled.

Sorry @Xiaomi

Unfortunately many users internationally are going to skip on buying this phone. Don't know why they'd do such a thing.

@ingbrzy @Igor Eisberg

Any workarounds or information you can share on this topic? Will there be any point of you guys creating a workable ROM if people are unable to flash it without unlocked bootloader?

Yeah............. Order cancelled.

Sorry @Xiaomi

Unfortunately many users internationally are going to skip on buying this phone. Don't know why they'd do such a thing.

@ingbrzy @Igor Eisberg

Any workarounds or information you can share on this topic? Will there be any point of you guys creating a workable ROM if people are unable to flash it without unlocked bootloader?
What workarounds? Unlocking a bootloader is not possible without a token only Xiaomi's servers can provide.
That being said, there are also sketchy, legally ambiguous ways to do that, which I'd rather not discuss here further.
Still, how you guys unlock your bootloader is really not something we can help you with.

@Igor Eisberg
Is there like a forecast if it comes to how long it will take to release a xiaomi.eu rom for Xiaomi 14 (Pro)? Weeks, months?

And does the global version/rom has to come out for this?

Adding on this subject, since I'm currently in Asia and can get a Xiaomi 14 Pro 12/256, CN Rom for around 700 €.
The seller can unlock to EU ROM with 5 more days of waiting (for the unlock key to be generated I suppose) and 50 € more (which seems to be the rate of ambiguous unlocking services, better have it done by the seller...)
They do indicate that unlocked EU ROM won't support Android Pay, Netflix or banking applications.

Is this a dead end for me, or is there hope for the unlocked phone to be able to support all banking services in the near future ?
Or should I order it with the original CN Rom, I can live with the phone being only in English ?

@Galee
Google is actively fighting against custom ROMs, the Xiaomi. EU team provide an apk for integrity support, but Google regularly ban the keys.

CN ROMs have their own issues, including English translations, support for Android Auto and WearOS devices. Please check if they match your needs before buying

Reactions: Galee
So........I gave in and bought the Xiaomi 14 Pro anyways LMFAO. Got the bootloader unlocked, using methods I'd rather not discuss. Finally! We're back baby! Thank you EU team for the ROM!

Sent from my 23116PN5BC using Tapatalk